TV Home Forum

CBBC revive Saturday morning magazine show format

The return of Saturday morning telly - well almost (May 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BU
buster
This video shows the final L&K from TV Centre in April 2001. An odd show, as they had to mention that Katy Hill was leaving and that they were heading up to Scotland. It ends with them on a red bus not knowing if they are on the air or not. All a bit shambolic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtwuK504PKg

Note stage 6 is covered in scaffolding as a result of the Real IRA bomb the previous month.
WO
Worzel
This video shows the final L&K from TV Centre in April 2001. An odd show, as they had to mention that Katy Hill was leaving and that they were heading up to Scotland. It ends with them on a red bus not knowing if they are on the air or not. All a bit shambolic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtwuK504PKg

Note stage 6 is covered in scaffolding as a result of the Real IRA bomb the previous month.

I remember when I was on Subzero in TC1, that was the week before the bombing. I remember watching my TV the day after the bombing with the shots of Television Centre with the eerie feeling that I'd stood there the week before.
SW
Steve Williams
I don't think it was announced.
I wonder if the contract was for the 30 weeks (as per previous series), and they extended it as it would be the last one at a later date, she may not have wanted the move every week, wasn't she newly married at this point? A shame on the timing and being up against Ant, Dec & Cat because Katy was very good in the role as was Trey

Well, I dunno, but I do remember at the time that Katy Hill was also presenting Football Fever, the unconvincing kids' football show, and a new series began around the same time, and she didn't appear in that - I seem to recall she dropped out at the very last minute, possibly still billed in the Radio Times, with the papers reporting a contractual dispute.

36 days later

DC
DCI02

Based on this Tweet and link, the show will return in September and air until January 2019.
DE88, Custard56 and Josh gave kudos
:-(
A former member
Extended run so 20 odd weeks that getting better 😎 if we could get another slow even pre record as live from Jan to may I think we would be sorted.

67 days later

SL
Slocker
Saturday mash up Is back next week as part of cbbc summer social on a Friday Saturday and Sunday
JO
Josh
Saturday mash up Is back next week as part of cbbc summer social on a Friday Saturday and Sunday

Speaking of the Summer Social, they seem to be dubbing it as their first ever festival, yet in previous years, they had CBBC Live in Leeds or Newcastle.
MU
Multi
JoshX posted:

Speaking of the Summer Social, they seem to be dubbing it as their first ever festival, yet in previous years, they had CBBC Live in Leeds or Newcastle.

Neither of those events were music based.
JO
Josh
Multi posted:
JoshX posted:

Neither of those events were music based.

Festivals don't necessarily have to be music based.
FA
fanoftv
That's a true point. Would the old CBBC Big Bash be classed as a festival these days?
RD
RDJ
Even if it was purely music based, CBBC frequently held a music festival/concert between 2002-2005ish after the Junior Great North Run.

Blue Peter even held a summer festival around 2003 which was gatecrashed by CBBC, most notably because CBBC was put on to BBC2 and was extended to include The Simpsons within the CBBC strand.
JO
Josh
CBBC also hosted CBBC Prom in the Park in September 2002. Perhaps they're just trying to forget the past?

Newer posts