TV Home Forum

This Morning

New look and a brand new set - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (August 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Eamonn and Ruth come across as so much more down to earth and, ironically, far more comfortable than whenever I see the other two. I can't stand Schofield and Holly presenting this, indulgement isn't the word. Which is sad because I've heard they are nice off screen, Holly especially.

I also prefere Ruth and her old man. I think part of the reason is because their marriage, and thus have deeper leave of interaction.
MR
mr_vivian
Why did the itv announcer say it's the last ever this morning from the south bank?

Must know something Holly and Phil don't because they said they would be back there.

Seems to be uncertainty in the plans.
WM
W M
Eamonn and Ruth come across as so much more down to earth and, ironically, far more comfortable than whenever I see the other two. I can't stand Schofield and Holly presenting this, indulgement isn't the word. Which is sad because I've heard they are nice off screen, Holly especially.

I also prefere Ruth and her old man. I think part of the reason is because their marriage, and thus have deeper leave of interaction.

More likeable, Phil and Holly have that sense of high horse about themselves.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I've always said Eammon and Ruth's real life chemistry echoes that of Richard and Judy, which is obviously a great fit for the show.

I'm guess I'm just very cynical of Phil and Holly. I've always looked at Phil like he's Holly's sugar daddy or something, and her incessant habit of saying "penis" and laughing her head off is just a painful reminder that we don't get to listen to Fern Britton's wonderful asthma attacks when she'd unknowingly drop a genuine innuendo that'd set Phil off.

They may very well be lovely off camera (unless you've heard Phil's semi-justified vent in the Talking Telephone Numbers video) but together, the premise of them being your mates feels too unnatural and forced. If you've ever seen Charlie Brooker's "chummy neighbour" explanation when he's talking about TV presenters in an early Screenwipe, you'll see what I mean.
BenMacDonald, London Lite and Whataday gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
indulgement isn't the word.

Correct... I think it's indulgent? Wink
JO
Jonwo
I don't mind Holly and Phil but I do think that Eamonn and Ruth's partnership is unsurprisingly stronger and Eamonn does things that may seem rude but are actually quite funny like telling whoever was doing the VT of the view of the Southbank and the Thames to stop cutting back to the studio and I think the 'bickering' between Eamonn and Ruth works better than Holly and Phil's 'we're best friends' schtick. I find Holly is better when she has a cover presenter because she's get to be the lead and steps up.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Phil and Holly seem to be there to attract a younger audience and the right advertisers. While Eamonn and Ruth are the better pairing and fit the format a lot better, they skew older which ITV have tried since 2009 to stop at least for four days a week.
MA
mannewskev
(unless you've heard Phil's semi-justified vent in the Talking Telephone Numbers video)

What's that?
WH
Whataday Founding member
Only the best blooper ever to get posted on YouTube... ever.

"Sorry there was a VT problem there Pres" (No sh*t)
Last edited by Whataday on 13 April 2018 3:43pm - 2 times in total
JO
Josh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgFyDwz8m_4

I've watched this a fair few times and every time it amuses me.
My personal favourite is " VT, what's going on?"
MA
mannewskev

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgFyDwz8m_4

That is an absolute triumph!
SC
Si-Co
(unless you've heard Phil's semi-justified vent in the Talking Telephone Numbers video)

What does Phil actually say? I’ve never been able to catch his words properly.

Newer posts