TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

March 2017 onwards - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member

Laura doesn't realise the weather sting's already played and Kate botches the ending with a silly conceit about moving the desk. Poignant shot at the end though with the ITV flag waving in front of the tower.
AS
Asa Admin
Kate Garraway just claimed at the end of GMB that TLS was the "home of ITV" for 40 years... erm, technically it was just LWT until Carlton came along as they didn't have any studios of their own.

It’s just shorthand though, without having to go into any great detail about the history of regional ITV. Quite a few viewers probably wouldn’t know LWT anyway.

Lots of mentions this morning, some nice shots of the building into the breaks and a cheeky GMTV logo appearance at the end Wink
RE
Reece24
Wish GMB had a proper end like that every day.
IS
Inspector Sands
Asa posted:
and a cheeky GMTV logo appearance at the end Wink

So cheeky I didn't see it, where?

EDIT: oh yeah!
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 13 April 2018 9:03am
FA
fanoftv
A wonderful end to say goodbye with use of the proper closing music and a lovely shot of the studios with the itv flag waving.

As for the desk, it was a little throwaway line but culminated in all of the team gathering together in the final studio shot. It also showed how flimsy it was with top pulling straight off.

There was a lovely atmosphere between the team today also. Andi seemed on form when joining them at the desk.
Last edited by fanoftv on 13 April 2018 9:20am
FG
FraserGJ
Asa posted:
Lots of mentions this morning, some nice shots of the building into the breaks and a cheeky GMTV logo appearance at the end Wink

Nice touch that, took me a couple of rewinds before I spotted it!

Richard Arnold wandering in with the booze trolley right at the end made me chuckle too!

Not sure about the "taking the desk" bit but a nice way to end the final show from TLS
BL
bluecortina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFry_I3kico

I did think 'oh well, so what'. But I have to say I did shed a tear when I heard them mention 'The London Studios' rather than ITV giving some small recognition to the company that played such a large part of my working life. She was such a lovely lady.
Not too sure if it's been asked - I've been busy spamming this thread with haircut puns and stuff....

Will the GMB set remain there for a few months, with a standby presenter incase it goes wrong at TVC (for whatever reason)? I think BBC News did something similar when it moved to NBH.
FA
fanoftv
Wasn't there a mention that there would be a back up at first, I'm not sure how long it is planned to be in place for, but I think that justified the reason why they were moving earlier, plus it fits in with the return of the main presenters after the Easter holidays.
IS
Inspector Sands
Not too sure if it's been asked - I've been busy spamming this thread with haircut puns and stuff....

Will the GMB set remain there for a few months, with a standby presenter incase it goes wrong at TVC (for whatever reason)? I think BBC News did something similar when it moved to NBH.

I'd imagine that it and the other facilities they use (which are much more important than the set) will stay there until they get ripped out. Once the rest of the building closes and things start being decommissioned there's no going back.

Though I believe that the couple of people left who work in the lines area at TLS get made redundant on the 30th (along with everyone else) so doing anything live from there from next week would be tricky
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 13 April 2018 3:57pm - 2 times in total
DK
DanielK
I thought it was quite a nice thing, all the team running together at the end...would have been better if it was just a sort of huddle rather than the 'taking of the desk'.
BBI45 and cmatthews13a gave kudos
CM
cmatthews13a
Asa posted:
Kate Garraway just claimed at the end of GMB that TLS was the "home of ITV" for 40 years... erm, technically it was just LWT until Carlton came along as they didn't have any studios of their own.

It’s just shorthand though, without having to go into any great detail about the history of regional ITV. Quite a few viewers probably wouldn’t know LWT anyway.

I’ve played it four times and can’t see the GMTV logo. Anyone shed any light as to whereabouts i’m looking?😂

Newer posts