The Gallery

Good Morning Britain | New Opening Sequence 2018

A new opening sequence for GMB (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DM
DeMarkay

Hi all,

This is something that I was playing about with and I thought I'd share it with you all.

Version one of my new GMB Opening Sequence for April 2018.

I look forward to welcoming your feedback.
TV
TVViewer256
https://vimeo.com/263686371

Hi all,

This is something that I was playing about with and I thought I'd share it with you all.

Version one of my new GMB Opening Sequence for April 2018.

I look forward to welcoming your feedback.

It could be good, but is rough aroubd the edges, and literally a few images put together
RO
rob Founding member
Stock footage with a logo fade in.

Not very inspiring...
DB
dbl
Yeah, takeaway the thing that makes those titles unique and replace with stock images. Hmm.
TV
TVMoments
I could literally have done that in 5 minutes.
DM
DeMarkay
I'd just like to kindly point out that I'm not a graphic designer nor a videographer. I am in fact a radio presenter so this is something that I do whilst I'm off air on weekends at home.
Last edited by DeMarkay on 11 September 2018 10:25pm
NE
Newsroom24
You've recreated the headline sequence well - it looks very similar to the real thing, so this is good.

00:41-00:45 looks like a mistake and I don't get the logic behind having this shot at the end of the headline sequence.

I don't mind the idea of stock images as long as they look unique rather than generic. The ones you've chosen don't quite work for me, I would either have shots from around the UK (or London) which 'tell a story'. So, for example for a morning show, you might want to start with darker images (earlier in the morning) and progress to lighter ones (later in the morning) rather than mix them. At the moment, you've got a mix of London shots with one shot of someone blowing a bubble, which is fine but just doesn't work with the other images you've chosen.

Not bad, a bit more work could make it even better.

3/5
DM
DeMarkay
I was going to include various shots of the UK but I felt it was clunky.

With the studio shot, I wanted to bring it back to the 'Daybreak' style of beginning the opening titles in the studio with the date being on screen and then the camera pans towards the wall which will lead into the titles.

I will definitely include darker morning shots and then progress to lighter ones.
UB
UBox
I'd just like to kindly point out that I'm not a graphic designer nor a videographer. I am in fact a radio presenter so this is something that I do whilst I'm off air on weekends at home. I've been creating mocks for seven years and as a result, I have gained over 4,184,675 views on my YouTube channel 'DeMarkay Williams'.

You all have a TV background and I have a Radio background so this is a hobby.

Thanks.

None of us were attacking you personally. No need to get so defensive.

In my opinion it doesn't improve at all on what is currently on offer. The execution of the headline sequence (as already mentioned) is quite good but the ending is poor.
AA
Aaron_2015
The headline sequence is just video isn’t it, not a recreation? The transitions for the titles you’ve made are far more basic compared to the transitions in the opening sequence.

The actual titles themselves don’t make all that much sense. We start with a sunrise shot, before cutting to the middle of the day to a fairly random scene. We then stay in the middle of the day, before going back to a different sunrise shot. As others have said, there isn’t much of a narrative.

The wobbly wide shot before the titles doesn’t add anything, and the music isn’t in time with the titles either.
DM
DeMarkay
I never said I recreated the headline sequence?
UB
UBox
I never said I recreated the headline sequence?

I think people (including myself) presumed so because you branded this as a new opening sequence which suggested you'd made the whole thing.

Newer posts