TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2018

(February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
Larry the Loafer
Both were morning brands with childrens offerings and in competition with each other for advertising revenue.

Technically speaking, no children would've confused GMTV and SMTV as children's shows, as GMTV had their own separate strands such as Diggit and Toonattik, neither of which were ever branded with the GMTV name other than an ident at the start and end of the programme.
JA
Jake
Both were morning brands with childrens offerings and in competition with each other for advertising revenue.

Technically speaking, no children would've confused GMTV and SMTV as children's shows, as GMTV had their own separate strands such as Diggit and Toonattik, neither of which were ever branded with the GMTV name other than an ident at the start and end of the programme.

Not heavily perhaps, but I remember the titles and break bumpers being 'Diggit @GMTV'.
TI
TIGHazard
The BBC took it seriously enough to replace The Saturday Show, which had overtaken SM:TV in the ratings, with the untested Dick & Dom.

I wouldn't exactly say it was untested - They had 2 series of da bungalow on the CBBC channel before it launched on BBC1.

Also with the GMTV - SMTV handover surely it would have been

GMTV end ident > ITV ident > CITV ident > >SMTV Sponsorship > SMTV intro

I found this video showing ad breaks, and there's an Anglia break bumper each time (also an ident with announcement at 11:25 into CDUK)

:-(
A former member
Quote:
GMTV end ident > ITV ident > CITV ident > >SMTV Sponsorship > SMTV intro

Take out the ITV ident and your pretty much on the button.

DJ
DJGM
A preview of the set for the series finale . . .

DE88, UBox and paul_hadley gave kudos
RD
RDJ
Interesting they replaced the titles with shots of people getting places on the plane and an ITV Towers-less logo.
JO
Josh
RDJ posted:
Interesting they replaced the titles with shots of people getting places on the plane and an ITV Towers-less logo.

Same as last year, I believe.
DB
dbl
The conversion looks better this year (59.97 to 50)
JO
Josh
The home Win The Ads says answer questions based on this week's news when it's actually based on Hollywood facts.
TV
TVViewer256
Scarlett Moffat has got a lot better. You can now actually hear what she says
JK
JKDerry
Feels much more upbeat this week. Declan has settled into his solo hosting role very easily.
Brekkie and Roger Mellie gave kudos
AA
Aaron_2015
Unfortunate that the weather changed for the worse just before the show came on air. Some very gloomy shots.

Newer posts