« Topics
A former member
I bet you would have hated 1970s desk 😛
DJ Dave1,913 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Granada North West Today
Will ITV News have a new studio as Well as News London or pretty much the same?

I wish! ITV News is in need of a rebrand in my opinion

Disagree, think this is the best Itv News has looked for a long time, and the branding fits across the whole area unlike the past where it has been mix matched.
RDJ2,897 posts since 25 Oct 2003
Central (South) Midlands Today
Will ITV News have a new studio as Well as News London or pretty much the same?

Disagree, think this is the best Itv News has looked for a long time, and the branding fits across the whole area unlike the past where it has been mix matched.

Agreed. I think ITV News should stick with what it's got as it has aged very well. I guess a mini-revamp wouldn't go amiss now it's over 5 years old and hasn't been refreshed at all in this time (apart from News at Ten).
Central News South
January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
DE88, Stuart and 3 others
  • UBox
  • Jory
  • DJ Dave
gave kudos
cityprod2,073 posts since 3 Oct 2005
Westcountry Spotlight

Ditto, for once ITV News has a package which hasn't dated rapidly.

A refresh of some kind would be good, but not a complete rebrand. Some new video in the squares of the title sequences would freshen it up, maybe use a teal background colour instead of white, just freshen it slightly.
Warbler, DE88 and 3 others
  • Stuart
  • Upload TV
  • UBox
gave kudos
gottago2,995 posts since 26 Aug 2004
London London
Some TLS shows heading to TVC Studio 1 have just been confirmed in Broadcast today: Saturday Night Takeaway (assuming it happens next year), Mock The Week and The Last Leg - which was going to Riverside originally but the reopening of that has been delayed till 2019. This has also effected HIGNIFY which will come from Elstree for the autumn series.

Catchphrase is going to Maidstone.

The article is suggesting TVC Studios 2 and 3 will permanently be booked to ITV Daytime so won't have any other shows coming out of them over the weekend as we've occasionally speculated on here.

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/itv/london-studios-closure-buoys-bbc-studioworks/5128004.article
mat76, DE88 and mediaman2007 gave kudos
mediaman2007514 posts since 22 Sep 2007
I wonder if Saturday Night Takeaway would have gone to Fountain if it was still open. Don't think Ant & Dec have done a show at TVC since 2001.

Is HIGNFY returning soon at TLS? 28 years there by my estimations...wow.
Whataday10,628 posts since 13 Sep 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today
If Saturday Night Takeaway are allowed to make as much use of Television Centre as they do the London Studios currently, that sounds like something to look forward to.

Was very surprised to hear this news. They're going to be a lot more restricted at (New) TVC than TLS. I don't think its been thought through.
gottago2,995 posts since 26 Aug 2004
London London
If Saturday Night Takeaway are allowed to make as much use of Television Centre as they do the London Studios currently, that sounds like something to look forward to.

Was very surprised to hear this news. They're going to be a lot more restricted at (New) TVC than TLS. I don't think its been thought through.

I expect it's been extensively thought through for some time.
UKnews, Brekkie and 3 others
  • bilky asko
  • DE88
  • dosxuk
gave kudos
Whataday10,628 posts since 13 Sep 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today

I expect it's been extensively thought through for some time.

Perish the thought that management make a decision which ends up being a total nightmare for those on the front line.