The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
AlexS
Isabel Oakeshott and Sonia Sodha are in the former Andrew Pierce and Kevin Maguire slot on the Press Preview. Are Sky trying to find a permanent Monday replacement for them?

Unlike the wonderful debating between them and Anna Botting, this is a screech fest in comparison and always found them more like the Pledge panelists.

I find the whole idea of preset reviewers on regular days to be somewhat off. A nice idea in theory, but I much prefer the BBC's style of keep mixing up the various reviewers, and no regular teams, so they never get stale. The double act of Maguire & Pierce got very old, very quickly.

The BBC do have regular pairs, admittedly not to the extent of the same day every week, but some people do seem to normally appear together.

11 days later

RH
richard h
Anna Jones has stayed on a midnight. Usually they show The Pledge in this slot
AL
alexjac0788
There were quite a few problems with the first airing of this week's edition of The Pledge on Thursday, but that shouldn't have impacted upon this slot where it's usually repeated, unless there's something wrong with the actual recording as opposed to the system having one of its meltdowns!
AL
alexjac0788
Anna remains on air at 01:00.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Looks like Mark Austin has taken over from Anna in DC.
RH
richard h
Sam Naz took over about 3:30-6am now its Adam Boulton in Downing Street and Hannah Thomas Peter in Washington, Jayne Secker in Paris and Dermot in Moscow
LL
Appears to be a normal overnight shift with Sam Naz after continuous rolling coverage of the Syria strikes.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I would have thought that Sam was a safe and experienced enough pair of hands to deal with any unexpected breaking developments.

15 days later

:-(
A former member
Sophy Ridge is back next Sunday. Great in one respect as I think she’s really good, but a shame not to have Niall presenting the Sunday morning show at the same time. He’s been brilliant.
BFGArmy and London Lite gave kudos
WM
W M
Sophy Ridge is back next Sunday. Great in one respect as I think she’s really good, but a shame not to have Niall presenting the Sunday morning show at the same time. He’s been brilliant.

Sophy really good? She comes across as an intern on work experience. Better at reporting though.
LL
W M posted:

Sophy really good? She comes across as an intern on work experience. Better at reporting though.

I don't get the Sophy bashing. She's good at her job, especially the Sunday show. It was just unfortunate that she had to go on maternity leave a few months after launching the new show.

I'm sure Niall will continue to dep for Sophy.

In other news, Rebecca Williams has tweeted that she's presenting a double shift, 11-5.
RE
Reece24

I like Sophy, but I would Niall is more 'on the ball' and is much more suited to the type of programme it is.

Newer posts