The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Lisa Holland is covering the Moscow post. Presumably with recent events, Diana Magnay needs support.

Diana is in Krasnodar, alas the need for cover in Moscow.

Anna Botting in effect is on from 7-12 as Dermot co-presented part of Sky News Tonight from Salisbury.
BF
BFGArmy
Sarah Hewson seems to have got a bit of criticism for her Jamie Carragher interview earlier on today.

Have to say the section reading out tweets by Vinny Jones and Joey Barton was a bit much given the acts both have committed over the years (even though I doubt that was Sarah's choice).

LL
Sarah Hewson seems to have got a bit of criticism for her Jamie Carragher interview earlier on today.

Kay appears to be on holiday, so Sarah would have been her cover today which didn't help. I don't know why they just didn't let Gillian stay on until 3pm to do that interview instead?
LJ
Live at five with Jeremy
Why let Gillian stay on?

Sarah is just as capable and did a fantastic job.
EE
EastEngland

Kay appears to be on holiday, so Sarah would have been her cover today which didn't help. I don't know why they just didn't let Gillian stay on until 3pm to do that interview instead?

Gamal and Sam were on from 11am to 2pm, not Gillian.
LL
Adele Robinson is in New York, covering for Hannah-Thomas Peter.
AL
alexjac0788
Andrew Pierce and Kevin Maguires' last Monday Press Preview together this evening, as they'll be moving to Wednesdays after Easter.

12 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
Wow. Jacquie Beltrao is a former Olympic gymnast!! Who knew!

It came up just now in conversation she's having LIVE in Cardiff previewing tonight's big boxing match.
RA
Ratflump
Wow. Jacquie Beltrao is a former Olympic gymnast!! Who knew!

It came up just now in conversation she's having LIVE in Cardiff previewing tonight's big boxing match.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
LL
Isabel Oakeshott and Sonia Sodha are in the former Andrew Pierce and Kevin Maguire slot on the Press Preview. Are Sky trying to find a permanent Monday replacement for them?

Unlike the wonderful debating between them and Anna Botting, this is a screech fest in comparison and always found them more like the Pledge panelists.
FU
fusionlad Founding member
Isabel Oakeshott and Sonia Sodha are in the former Andrew Pierce and Kevin Maguire slot on the Press Preview. Are Sky trying to find a permanent Monday replacement for them?

Unlike the wonderful debating between them and Anna Botting, this is a screech fest in comparison and always found them more like the Pledge panelists.

I wouldn't read too much in to last night, being a bank holiday.
CI
cityprod

I find the whole idea of preset reviewers on regular days to be somewhat off. A nice idea in theory, but I much prefer the BBC's style of keep mixing up the various reviewers, and no regular teams, so they never get stale. The double act of Maguire & Pierce got very old, very quickly.

Newer posts