TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SW
Steve Williams
I’m pretty sure he’s just a talking head in that, not the host.

That's right - and it was actually on last night.

I remember that when he died in 1995, Barrymore introduced the BBC tribute to Larry - a rare appearance by Barrymore on the Beeb in those days - because, as mentioned, he used to do the warm-up for the Generation Game and he said Larry used to be very kind to him and give him lots of advice, and he considered him something of a mentor.
:-(
A former member
Although Barrymore was on Russ abbott madhouse I beleive his first own series was on the bbc one and then he did a cheap gameshow around 84.
SW
Steve Williams
Although Barrymore was on Russ abbott madhouse I beleive his first own series was on the bbc one and then he did a cheap gameshow around 84.

His first post-Madhouse series was for Thames in 1983, but it seemingly wasn't very successful. Then he did Get Set Go for the Beeb in 1984 and then flitted around the channels for a bit - he did Saturday Night Out on the Beeb in 1988 and 1989 while he was also doing Strike It Lucky, and indeed was still doing kids shows like Mick and Mac for the Beeb up to 1990.

But the point I was making is that in the mid-nineties, he had a golden handcuffs deal with ITV, so it was unusual at the time to see him on the Beeb.

24 days later

JB
JasonB
Some very large text on the end credits of Britain’s Brightest Family tonight.
RU
russty_russ
You still can't beat the original teletext-based nightscreen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm0U5zjwHt0

20 years ago! 20 years of ITV Nightscreen!
JA
JAS84
Some very large text on the end credits of Britain’s Brightest Family tonight.

It's been like that throughout the series.
AS
Ash101
On the Sky guide, tomorrow morning ITV2 have “This is ITV2” scheduled in 30 minute chunks from
6:15 till 8:55?

Also Two and a half Men is running from 1:55 till 5:50am - this extended runtime seems to be down for the last show at 1-3am all week. Any ideas why??
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
On the Sky guide, tomorrow morning ITV2 have “This is ITV2” scheduled in 30 minute chunks from
6:15 till 8:55?

Also Two and a half Men is running from 1:55 till 5:50am - this extended runtime seems to be down for the last show at 1-3am all week. Any ideas why??

This happens fairly regularly on ITV2 (and sometimes ITV3 as well) and often means for whatever reason the EPG hasn't been updated, although the correct information usually appears on the +1 equivalent.

10 days later

JO
Josh
Breakdown after the ITV Lunchtime News.

The weather sting played as usual and then a slide saying "ITV Millbank HD". It cut to the generic breakdown slide straight away.
SF
SkyFan123
JoshX posted:
Breakdown after the ITV Lunchtime News.

The weather sting played as usual and then a slide saying "ITV Millbank HD". It cut to the generic breakdown slide straight away.

Anybody got a clip?

10 days later

FO
FanOfTV99
So i don't think anyone here watches Jackpot247 but I've notice they've changed the set a little bit to make the background change colour.

I like it but I don't get why it has to change colour every single night.
EL
eladkse
So i don't think anyone here watches Jackpot247 but I've notice they've changed the set a little bit to make the background change colour.

I like it but I don't get why it has to change colour every single night.

The set was always able to change colour - you can see it in various shades of pink and purple on YouTube during their Challenge Jackpot days, as well as the short-lived spinoff Bingo Stars.

Personally, I’ve always liked the blue. Very few colours work on that set without making it look too washed out, or too dark and moody.

There are enough on-set LEDs to keep the talent mostly lit when the main grid loses power. Cool

It’s a fun little set to work on, but it’s staring to really look it’s age - especially the catwalk. Thankfully, the SD output hides a lot of these imperfections still. Laughing

Newer posts