TV Home Forum

The Freeview Thread

Updates and info on the DTT platform (October 2016)

BR
Brekkie Recently warned Wales Wales Today
Freeview Play seems to have updated it's interface.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
OV
Orry Verducci Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Freeview Play seems to have updated it's interface.

Does Freeview Play have a standard interface? I thought the EPG interface was down to the manufacturer?
BR
Brekkie Recently warned Wales Wales Today
Not sure - so to be more precise Humax have updated their Freeview Play interface.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.

12 days later

DJ
DJGM Granada North West Today
So I just saw the Freeview ad that says hello to 'all viewers watching this show for free on Freeview" ... broadcast before the start of a Champions League match on BT Sport 2HD ... !
"The Not-So-Late-Show with Greg Mitchell" will hopefully return in some form, somewhere soon.
Unlikely to be on Roch Valley Radio though.

Stay tuned . . .
Stuart and satellitebadger gave kudos
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
..... and not for the first time either.
RE
Rex London London
..... and not for the first time either.

Precisely.

GOLD has also shown these Freeview ads before IIRC, despite its pay TV status.
REEEEEEEEE
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
DJGM posted:
So I just saw the Freeview ad that says hello to 'all viewers watching this show for free on Freeview" ... broadcast before the start of a Champions League match on BT Sport 2HD ... !

I saw the same advert on ITV2HD, a channel which has only ever been behind a paywall since its launch in 2010.

Not particularly clever marketing by Freeview.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
In that sense though, wouldn't the same advert have been shown at the same time on ITV2 SD, which is on freeview?
ST
In that sense though, wouldn't the same advert have been shown at the same time on ITV2 SD, which is on freeview?

I don't know whether the ads are the same on both.
MI
Mike516 (previously a516) Central (East) East Midlands Today

I don't know whether the ads are the same on both.

ITV2 SD/HD are a direct simulcast, otherwise they wouldn't qualify for the SD/HD swap on Sky.
ST
a516 posted:
ITV2 SD/HD are a direct simulcast, otherwise they wouldn't qualify for the SD/HD swap on Sky.

I'm certain that only relates to programmes, not commercials.

However, I checked and ITV doesn't use Sky's AdSmart delivery system (unlike C5) so I guess the adverts were the same.
RE
Rex London London
Is anyone still able to receive COM7/8 in London? Retuned today due to the frequency changes to the aforementioned two muxes (as well as the Local mux) and I have lost reception to COM7 and COM8.
REEEEEEEEE

Newer posts