TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2018

(February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DK
DanielK
This is a pres forum and this makes me feel extremely uncomfortable to see everyone commenting on someone's misfortune. I'm pretty sure the mods will agree, I mean if you're not allowed to comment on one of many mediocre news channel presenters sick leave because of the flu or something because it treads into their personal life, what in gods name makes you all think that this is okay? If you want to do that, DigitalSpy is waiting on you.

Thoughts are with all involved in this incident and I hope the after effects of this are minimal.
:-(
A former member
The problem being is there is very tight trope rope here:

A: this will have an effect on TV presentation either by changes of schedules or change in format for shows. Change of sponsorship
B: Role ITV had to play in this ( which again could be very wide ranging)
C: There are two case from the BBC thread which goes against ruling personal life, one being pay claim.
LL
Larry the Loafer
This is a pres forum and this makes me feel extremely uncomfortable to see everyone commenting on someone's misfortune. I'm pretty sure the mods will agree, I mean if you're not allowed to comment on one of many mediocre news channel presenters sick leave because of the flu or something because it treads into their personal life, what in gods name makes you all think that this is okay? If you want to do that, DigitalSpy is waiting on you.

A news presenter having a cold is very different to the co-host of one of the biggest TV shows in the country (which this thread also happens to be about) being arrested and possibly affecting said show.
JO
Jon
Yes, the point is this effects a number of different programmes across the schedule. A news reader having a cold affects nothing.
DK
DanielK
The problem being is there is very tight trope rope here:

A: this will have an effect on TV presentation either by changes of schedules or change in format for shows. Change of sponsorship
B: Role ITV had to play in this ( which again could be very wide ranging)
C: There are two case from the BBC thread which goes against ruling personal life, one being pay claim.

A: thats fine, light speculation is fair enough. Going as far as calling for contracts to be terminated is too far without all the details.
B: ITV didn't do anything wrong? They didn't make him drink, or drive? ITV have no role in this, other than possibly supporting one of their employees better (and if he is freelance, they may not even have to do that)
C: Yes, other threads may have delved into personal details but this is fairly deep in his personal life, and I'm sure the other threads didn't attract fairly rude/offensive comments such as "no wonder his wife left him" (now hidden by an edit, what a childish move!) or some fairly offensive remarks about mental health and it's impact on this incident.

Think you are all forgetting that there are human beings actually at the centre of this thread.
DK
DanielK

A news presenter having a cold is very different to the co-host of one of the biggest TV shows in the country (which this thread also happens to be about) being arrested and possibly affecting said show.

The thread is stepping further than just affecting the show.
DK
DanielK
Jon posted:
Yes, the point is this effects a number of different programmes across the schedule. A news reader having a cold affects nothing.

It's still a human beings personal life. What isn't published and confirmed as fact should not be speculated.

It is just common decency.
PC
p_c_u_k
This is a Saturday Night Takeaway thread. Something has happened involving one of the presenters, is newsworthy and is heavily likely to affect the show.

I'd say the vast majority of comments have been respectful. If the mods disagree then I'm sure they will intervene.
:-(
A former member
A and C I totally agree some of the posts on here are down right disgraceful and were stupid, it does seem to be just one person...

B: Here's the thing we dont know but the Q still needs to be asked and then returned. ITV pushed him into back presenting when he is not ready which highly possible, not saying thats a yes or a no....

Also it has been confirmed... speculated. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43453525 TV presenter Ant McPartlin has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a collision involving three vehicles in south-west London.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I saw a post from a member earlier which did sound DS-esque, but he had the wisdom to edit it to something more suitable to the discussion.
DK
DanielK
This is a Saturday Night Takeaway thread. Something has happened involving one of the presenters, is newsworthy and is heavily likely to affect the show.

I'd say the vast majority of comments have been respectful. If the mods disagree then I'm sure they will intervene.

Ok so everyone go ahead and speculate about the effect this will have on SNT, BGT and other shows? That is fair enough, and fairly on point for this forum and topic.

The speculating about the incident, the comments about mental health and the, now edited, attack (the only word I can use tbh) about the person in question's marriage breakdown is a step too far, and in the case of the latter two, is disgusting.
DK
DanielK
A and C I totally agree some of the posts on here are down right disgraceful and were stupid, it does seem to be just one person...

B: Here's the thing we dont know but the Q still needs to be asked and then returned. ITV pushed him into back presenting when he is not ready which highly possible, not saying thats a yes or a no....

Also it has been confirmed... speculated. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43453525 TV presenter Ant McPartlin has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a collision involving three vehicles in south-west London.

AFAIK he chose to come back, and that ITV had a Plan B ready for I'm a Celeb?

Newer posts