TV Home Forum

This Morning

New look and a brand new set - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (August 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
I don't like that they have to move. It is part of the DNA of this morning to have a lovely LIVE view.

Blame ITV executives who are focusing on money and not studios. They would rather have three small studios in a small area of the site, rather than continue with the three larger studios.
IS
Inspector Sands
I don't like that they have to move. It is part of the DNA of this morning to have a lovely LIVE view.

Blame ITV executives who are focusing on money and not studios. They would rather have three small studios in a small area of the site, rather than continue with the three larger studios.

Though remember that after it returns it will have a window view again
DE88 and London Lite gave kudos
JK
JKDerry

Four years is a long time. 2022 is when they are due back, all based if work on the site goes to plan. Remember BBC Studioworks were due to return to Television Centre in 2015, but delayed it to 2017 due to construction work progress.
DE
DE88

Four years is a long time. 2022 is when they are due back, all based if work on the site goes to plan. Remember BBC Studioworks were due to return to Television Centre in 2015, but delayed it to 2017 due to construction work progress.

Could be worse, could it not?
WH
Whataday Founding member

Because of course, as executives of a commercial enterprise, focusing on what makes money is a rookie error.
JK
JKDerry
There is a balance between making money and just knocking down much needed studios.
JO
Jon
There is a balance between making money and just knocking down much needed studios.

Studios are only needed to make money.

Also what programmes are not being made that would have been made due to lack of studios? I doubt any.
NG
noggin Founding member

Shareholders in a commercial company that purely exists to make them money may not agree with that...
RD
RDJ
The show is coming from HMS Belfast today. Not sure if they'll have time to get back to the studio at some point during the show as it's not that close by, unless they're going to sail back up the Thames at some point.
AG
AxG
RDJ posted:
The show is coming from HMS Belfast today. Not sure if they'll have time to get back to the studio at some point during the show as it's not that close by, unless they're going to sail back up the Thames at some point.

Second part with Alison Hammond, whilst Philip and Holly travel on an Inflatable Raiding Craft back to the studio.
ST
steddenm
Opening of today’s show featured the statement issued yesterday over ITV and Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway.

Philip and Holly said it was difficult to then because Ant is a friend of theirs.

Both looked physically upset having to read the statement out.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I'm on the fence with how This Morning handled it. Yes, they can pick and choose what to talk about, but considering how much of what they talk about revolves around showbiz, it turns into an elephant in the room situation.

And as for them being friends, I suppose Charlie Brooker's early Screenwipe item about different kinds of presenters stuck with me, in particular the presenters who act like the chummy neighbour when, in reality, they don't care if you live or die (or a similar Brookerism, I can't remember it verbatim). It's left me feeling quite cynical about how the happy, all-encompassing "ITV family" is portrayed on screen.

Newer posts