TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

March 2017 onwards - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
He was 69 at the time.
DE
DE88
They couldn't have let him go because of his age though... could they?

If in fact they did, then everyone involved sure did a good job of keeping it quiet...
SP
Spencer
Perhaps he just chose to leave and didn’t want a fuss making.

Or is that too boring a theory that doesn’t imply some sort of conspiracy?
DE
DE88
Perhaps he just chose to leave and didn’t want a fuss making.

Or is that too boring a theory that doesn’t imply some sort of conspiracy?

No, it's Occam's razor in action. Very Happy Wink
JA
jamesrl
Laura has already said on the show that she will be returning for the launch of the new studio and yesterday in a tweet to Andi Peters, she said she will be back Monday 16th April. I guess that’s when the show will be launched from the new studio...if that already hasn’t been confirmed.
BR
Brekkie
Not confirmed but I think most had made an educated guess.
NA
natoswald
Looks like GMB will be off air on Good Friday. They don't usually take the day off.
IT
Ittr
Looks like GMB will be off air on Good Friday. They don't usually take the day off.

Maybe it's to do with some of the remaining screens being moved to TVC and being replaced with printouts?
Josh, cal0906 and Luke B gave kudos
AA
Aaron_2015
Piers confirmed that he was taking a break this morning (his usual Easter break, with an extra week I’m guessing), and that the next time he would be presenting would be in the new studio.

So as we already guessed, it looks like the new studio will launch on the 16th April, when Piers and Susanna return from their break.

Hopefully Eamonn is coming back at some point over Easter, would be nice if he covered next week with Susanna. I’m guessing Madeley and Kyle will also be back at some point. Kate must also be going on annual leave at some point as well, I can’t remember the last time she wasn’t there! As I’ve said before, I wish they’d stop having Kyle back. If he has to guest present something, This Morning would be a better fit, given that it isn’t predominantly a news program.
MW
Mike W
Does it matter who presents it?! This is a pres forum, about the design and look of a particular programme, channel etc - not about who's off when and who's covering, and who we want to take over!
AA
Aaron_2015
Does it matter who presents it?! This is a pres forum, about the design and look of a particular programme, channel etc - not about who's off when and who's covering, and who we want to take over!

Given that we have entire threads dedicated to the discussion of presenters in The Newsroom, I’d argue yes, it is important.
IT
Ittr
If my assumptions are correct, then I'm expecting the last GMB from TLS to air on Friday 13th April.

Newer posts