The Gallery

BBC one ident Idea

(March 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
moo06
So, I've read feedback on the previous and thought I might make a new idea for BBC one (and the rest of the BBC corporate logos). Not much to say really.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xsba4ri2On_by6UfijTXSgK9-u8SoZAc
If it's not fit for BBC, it's always a good idea for other graphics like itv etc
DB
dbl
It's a regression from Oneness (and that's saying something). I don't understand the concept at all.
MO
moo06
My idea was that watching BBC would make things more clear by the fact that everything besides the logo is blurred.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
moo06 posted:

My idea was that watching BBC would make things more clear by the fact that everything besides the logo is blurred.

That sounds just like the sort of stuff they come out with on W1A.

With regards to your mock, um, I don't get it. This is a blurred time-lapse shot of Big Ben and the House of Parliament with some slightly off off-centre writing on it. What are you trying to do? Either blur the entire background and put the writing on top of the blur or don't blur the background and have a legible set of characters instead. Trying to be clever and mixing the two just generates a frosted glass effect that in this case doesn't really work.
JO
Jon
To be fair the sort of stuff they come out with on W1A is based on the sort of stuff they expect the BBC to come out with.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Too London centric for BBC One, unless it was part of a series from around the country.

The concept (not the execution) might work for BBC America though.
DB
dbl

The concept (not the execution) might work for BBC America though.

Hmm. Based on their current on-air look, I don't think so.

CN
ClarkNarvas
moo06 posted:
So, I've read feedback on the previous and thought I might make a new idea for BBC one (and the rest of the BBC corporate logos). Not much to say really.
If it's not fit for BBC, it's always a good idea for other graphics like itv etc

Not consistent with any BBC channel, It just looks pretty but it doesn't work as an ident.
JE
Jenny Founding member
Not consistent with any BBC channel, It just looks pretty but it doesn't work as an ident.

So expect a commission.
Josh, Rory and VMPhil gave kudos
MO
moo06
Jenny posted:

So expect a commission.

ok
NE
Newsroom24
I like the effect of the picture showing through the text but that is, unfortunately, the only positive I can really take from it at the moment.

I'm sorry to say that I really don't like the logo, soundtrack and the overall feel of it - it looks like you've spent very little time thinking about this ident and is more like something you could come up within half an hour.

I would perhaps look at current idents and maybe base yours more off a current ident.

1/5

Newer posts