TV Home Forum

Doctor Who (2018 onwards)

Split from Doctor Who (2015) (February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl
Doctor Who new logo revealed:
paul_hadley and BroadcastWales gave kudos
MD
mdtauk
So, we have a new logo...

paul_hadley and BroadcastWales gave kudos
:-(
A former member
Definitely detecting TARDIS sounds, and echoes of the original theme in there.
JC
JCB

The Tardis is in there! it took me a few viewings before I noticed it.
NE
Neil__
JCB posted:

The Tardis is in there! it took me a few viewings before I noticed it.

Good point. Took me a load of viewings too.
It's effectively making the horizontal line through the logo.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I really like that logo. It's not a million miles away from the fake logo that was doing the rounds recently.
NE
Neil__
By the way, this video snippet fits with the pictures taken in Sheffield recently (e.g. *

Notably that the lamp is blue, which I don't think it has been since a brief period in the 70s.
MS
Mr-Stabby
I'm surprised at the reaction to the logo and video to be honest. Surprised in that it's mostly positive! Not because i don't like the logo and teaser clip, I think they're great. It's just very unusual to get universal praise when shows like Doctor Who make big changes like this.

I hate to use the term, but it certainly looks 'fresh'. Considering this will be the first new theme tune since 2005 not done by Murray Gold, i'm really intrigued to see how different that will be too.
MD
mdtauk
By the way, this video snippet fits with the pictures taken in Sheffield recently (e.g. *

Notably that the lamp is blue, which I don't think it has been since a brief period in the 70s.

In that logo animation, the TARDIS lamp shifted from bright blue to bright yellow.
NE
Neil__
In that logo animation, the TARDIS lamp shifted from bright blue to bright yellow.

Hmmm... good point. It definitely seems to flashing blue once it's left the logo travelling right.
WH
Whataday Founding member
If Doctor Who fans hate it, that means they've done it right doesn't it?
BW
BroadcastWales
This could be the most radical revamp to Doctor Who yet with it introducing a new composer, in addition to the visual effect duties changing from Milk VFX to Double Negative: https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2312601/why-doctor-who-season-11-is-probably-going-to-look-amazing
The Logo looks refreshing, the new Tardis prop looks nice. Roll on October.

Newer posts