The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Joe
Great. I'm allowed to bring mine. Not sure anybody cares though.
davidhorman, Critique and Woodpecker gave kudos
WO
Woodpecker
ALV posted:
Would anyone here be rather to have VD be replaced by another 2 hours of Newsroom Live? Cool

I'd rather not have VD, to be honest.
Last edited by Woodpecker on 20 February 2018 12:31pm
LL
London Lite Founding member
It's worth noting that Louisa Compton is leaving the Derbyshire programme to head up C4's Dispatches.
TF
TellyFan
I love the Afternoon Live titles, so unique and sound to my ears! Very Happy
TR
TROGGLES
ALV posted:
Would anyone here be rather to have VD be replaced by another 2 hours of Newsroom Live? Cool

I'd rather not have VD, to be honest.

Getting the BBC to give up the Derbyshire programme would be uphill all the way, it doesn't have to be good, it just has to be worthy & tick gender boxes.
NF
NewsFan
Joe posted:

????
JO
Josh
Joe posted:

????

He was responding to JasonB's post:

Did you think her handbag was fabulous? Was it that that distracted you?

Which presenter are you referring to? Only certain ones bring their Bags into the Studio.

I'm not allowed to bring my bag in to the office. It's banished away to a locker between the hours of 09:00 & 17:00.
NF
NewsFan
JoshX posted:
Joe posted:

????

He was responding to JasonB's post:

Which presenter are you referring to? Only certain ones bring their Bags into the Studio.

I'm not allowed to bring my bag in to the office. It's banished away to a locker between the hours of 09:00 & 17:00.

Yes, but I'm not sure what his point is.
JO
Joe
The point was exactly that – why does 'I'm not allowed to bring my bag in to the office. It's banished away to a locker between the hours of 09:00 & 17:00' from JasonB have any relevance to whether a newsreader has a bag in the studio? It doesn't. A bag in a studio is of no importance or relevance.

Unless said bag contains the TVS archive, of course.
RK
Rkolsen
Many women in the US at the local and national level bring their bags (may not be their purse but a work bag). A lot of times it’s a clutch type thing where make up is held for touch up and then there are women who bring onto the set large beach or tote bags containing everting but the kitchen sink.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Well the view of how things differ in the U.S is sometimes quite interesting on this forum, but I’m not sure I’ve ever wanted to know if it’s the same system or not in this particular discussion Very Happy
NF
NewsFan
Joe posted:
The point was exactly that – why does 'I'm not allowed to bring my bag in to the office. It's banished away to a locker between the hours of 09:00 & 17:00' from JasonB have any relevance to whether a newsreader has a bag in the studio? It doesn't. A bag in a studio is of no importance or relevance.

Unless said bag contains the TVS archive, of course.

For your information, it is relevant and I was making a point about it potentially being a distraction as the Studio has a very simple and 'clean' look. I'll have you know, I do not just stare at one part of the Studio during the sweep. Additionally, you all seemed to delve deeper and think beyond what I was saying, hence why I didn't understand you. That's the whole point of a 'Forum'. And I do not appreciate the attitude.
Last edited by NewsFan on 21 February 2018 11:57pm - 2 times in total

Newer posts