TV Home Forum

ITV abandons the South Bank

(February 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BL
bluecortina

..... However it is good to see that they're putting This Morning back into a studio with a real view. ....

They'll need a chainsaw.
EG
eggsontoast

They'll need a chainsaw.

Wouldn't be surprised if there are TPO's on them
WH
Whataday Founding member
TCOTV posted:
I don't really care so much for the old building so don't mind it being knocked down but it's an ugly building they want to replace it with. I mean if you going to spend that much at least make it look good. Just look so boring and forgettable. Shame!

Can we please spare a moment to consider they once tried to do this:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/imageuploads/1279112893_80.177.117.97.jpg
WO
Worzel
TCOTV posted:
I don't really care so much for the old building so don't mind it being knocked down but it's an ugly building they want to replace it with. I mean if you going to spend that much at least make it look good. Just look so boring and forgettable. Shame!

Can we please spare a moment to consider they once tried to do this:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/imageuploads/1279112893_80.177.117.97.jpg

I feel sorry for the person seemingly standing on the roof...
IS
Inspector Sands
Isn't that one of the Anthony Gormley sculptures? There were a load dotted around the South Bank years ago
JO
Jonny
Will that ITV signage be able to change colours (along with the lights on top of the right hand building)?

The one in Salford is capable of doing its party trick, so I would be surprised if not.
BL
bluecortina
Isn't that one of the Anthony Gormley sculptures? There were a load dotted around the South Bank years ago

Yes.
JK
JKDerry
I've posted this in the This Morning thread but in a little less detail, just to clear up what's going where at the new ITV HQ.

The new This Morning studio (Studio 2) will be located on the first floor, overlooking the Thames. It's distinguishable in the artist's impression by having floor to ceiling blacked out windows.

The new GMB studio (Studio 1) will be located just behind Studio 2, sitting in between the "production village" for This Morning and GMB.

The new Loose Women/Lorraine studio (Studio 3) will be located in the basement, with the audience entrance located roughly where the footbridge currently connects Studio 8 to TLS.

Do we know the studio sizes they will be? It seems likely they will not be larger than 3,500 Sq Ft in size.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Moving to closure .....

WH
Whataday Founding member
Do we know the studio sizes they will be? It seems likely they will not be larger than 3,500 Sq Ft in size.

They are all roughly the same size as the studios each show uses now.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Still fascinating for somebody like me, who's never set foot in a proper TV studio, to see what it all looks like with the house lights on and just how amazing everything looks.
AN
Andrew Founding member
That boundary wall between upper and lower seating is so distinctive and such an easy way to spot which shows are filmed in Studio 1, whether its Graham Norton saying ‘let’s start the show’ or Ant & Dec running down the stairs, or Michael Barrymore emptying out the contents of a pensioner’s handbag.

Newer posts