The Newsroom

BBC Weather changes preview

Website displaying pages with Meteo data on adapted URL (January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CI
cityprod
JAS84 posted:

I would of assumed the forecast was pre-recorded in which case a weird glitch
And one that's happened more than once, I saw this a few days ago.

Was it waiting for Crowded House 'Weather with You' to load. Laughing

9.8 on the groanometer!
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Tomasz Schafernaker's 1.55pm weather forecast on the NC, the graphics failed to work so he just stood in front of the camera and gave us the weather in front of a static BBC Weather caption.

Any pictures? Also was it the old caption or the new one?

It was the new final BBC Weather slide - in association with Meteogroup one. No pictures sorry.
AA
AllAboutTV
So what are the two small white boxes for at the bottom of the screen right hand side?
RO
roo
a e s t h e t i c
JB
JasonB
JAS84 posted:
d one that's happened more than once, I saw this a few days ago.

9.8 on the groanometer!

I reckon it's more a Katrina and the Waves person and it's Walking on Sunshine...
MW
Mike W

9.8 on the groanometer!

I reckon it's more a Katrina and the Waves person and it's Walking on Sunshine...

John Ketley (was) a weatherman...
MW
Mike W
An HQ image of a map posted to twitter by Sheafli Oza, not really sure why I posted it but these maps do look very crisp, if a little flat!
Not sure on the location flags though
MO
Moz
I can’t tell the difference between snow & cloud. It’s crap.
JO
Joe
Moz posted:

Clouds are typically found way up in the sky – they're the white or grey fluffy things you see on a typical day. Snow is the white stuff that falls down from the sky and lands on the ground – when it settles there, you might be tempted to pick it up and throw it at a BBC Weather graphic designer, for example. Hope that helps.
BB
BBI45
Joe posted:
Moz posted:

Clouds are typically found way up in the sky – they're the white or grey fluffy things you see on a typical day. Snow is the white stuff that falls down from the sky and lands on the ground – when it settles there, you might be tempted to pick it up and throw it at a BBC Weather graphic designer, for example. Hope that helps.

But what about fog? It's white or grey but isn't way up in the sky. However, it doesn't land on the ground and you certainly can't throw it at a BBC Weather graphic designer.
MO
Moz
Bring back the shadows on sand.
JA
james-2001
Bring back the old symbols!

Newer posts