TV Home Forum

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Sunday 8pm on ITV (February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
A turn up for the books. If true. I always thought the show would return one day, it’s too big a TV brand not too. Surprised at the choice of host though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5380749/Jeremy-Clarkson-host-Wants-Millionaire.html
Last edited by Jon on 21 January 2021 7:05pm - 11 times in total
MY
MY83
He may have the money, but he's lost a lot of exposure. He's missing out on BBC gigs he would have been shoehorned in for like QI and HIGNFY and he will need a more "normal" gig when his advancing years mean the Grand Tour malarkies must come to a natural end.... this could be a reasonably apt audition. Also I think the Grand Tour is nearer its end than a lot of people think, especially with Hammond's injuries and Clarkson's pneumonia....
BA
bilky asko
Jon posted:
A turn up for the books. If true. I always thought the show would return one day, it’s too big a TV brand not too. Surprised at the choice of host though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5380749/Jeremy-Clarkson-host-Wants-Millionaire.html

A middle aged man with an over the top DJ style voice? He's the obvious choice.
IS
Inspector Sands
I could imagine him presenting it and reckon he'd be quite good. Whether it would be successful or not I don't know, it was quite a tired format when it ended.

I saw my first couple of Grand Tour episodes the other week after I accidentally signed up to Prime. They were OK, I didn't love it as much as something of their peak era Top Gear. I can't see it lasting that long even if they all remain in good health, just seems like one of those things that eats itself and burns out quickly
HC
Hatton Cross
Well, The Grand Tour production deal with Amazon Prime is for three series, and the current one is the second. So one more and he's only got his million pound column deal with The Sunday Times to stop him going to a food bank.

Mind you, depending on the outcome of the live Premier league deal, if Amazon win a package, he could end up hosting the coverage Laughing
JO
Jon
Well you’re making assumption they won’t order anymore. As they are still using Clarkson quite heavily in advertising I’d say there is a good chance they will make more.
TO
tomo359
Regarding Grand Tour and Prime, has there been any mention about how its performing for Amazon? I know, like Netflix, they don't give viewer numbers, but has it been mentioned in subscriber numbers have increased a lot?
Surely it's about time Amazon starting making a bigger push for original programming, its worked so well for Netflix, yet Amazon still seems to be seriously lagging behind and only has a handful of original programmes.
BR
Brekkie
Seems to be a rehash of a story from a few months ago. Considering there hasn't been a new quiz with a prize over £25k or so in recent years it seems unlikely.
JO
Jonwo
Seems to be a rehash of a story from a few months ago. Considering there hasn't been a new quiz with a prize over £25k or so in recent years it seems unlikely.

The Million Pound Drop?
BR
Brekkie
Eight years since that launched now, ended 5 years ago but is being revived as the £100k Drop.
DC
DCI02

Tenable's jackpot is £125,000, though it is very unlikely they will get anywhere near that.
:-(
A former member
you can win £20k on tipping point if you get the X2 disk.

Newer posts