The Newsroom

BBC Weather changes preview

Website displaying pages with Meteo data on adapted URL (January 2018)

JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Tomasz Schafernaker's 1.55pm weather forecast on the NC, the graphics failed to work so he just stood in front of the camera and gave us the weather in front of a static BBC Weather caption.
JB
JasonB London London
Tomasz Schafernaker's 1.55pm weather forecast on the NC, the graphics failed to work so he just stood in front of the camera and gave us the weather in front of a static BBC Weather caption.

You mean he didn't throw a strop or make a sarcastic comment like he usually does when something goes wrong? Wink
Have you washed your hands?
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today

You mean he didn't throw a strop or make a sarcastic comment like he usually does when something goes wrong? Wink

No, he didn't walk off or throw his button on the ground!! Laughing
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
1989 is correct! TV Ark (when it was online) had a video of the first ever forecast.

Yep and I looked it up on Wikipedia before posting too

Wiki is often composed of people's faulty memories though !
--
Avatar credit: © BBC, ITA, BREMA 1967
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)

No, he didn't walk off or throw his button on the ground!! Laughing

Laughing

WA
Warbler Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Another mishap on the NC, the forecast was cut off near the end, a blue screen appeared and then it just cut to the countdown. Teething problems one assumes.
DA
DAN09690 Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
Another mishap on the NC, the forecast was cut off near the end, a blue screen appeared and then it just cut to the countdown. Teething problems one assumes.

I would of assumed the forecast was pre-recorded in which case a weird glitch
RK
Rkolsen World News
Would think there would be real time rendering by most systems now. That’s the standard in the US.
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
IT
Ittr

Any pictures? Also was it the old caption or the new one?
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)

And one that's happened more than once, I saw this a few days ago.
BB
BBI45 Central (East) East Midlands Today
JAS84 posted:

Oops! It did it again (around 30 minutes ago).
First person to post in 2021!
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
JAS84 posted:

Was it waiting for Crowded House 'Weather with You' to load. Laughing

Newer posts