The Newsroom

BBC 90 Second Update Cut Off

Technical problem in some areas (February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bilky asko
I just tried to watch the BBC 90 Second Update, but it cut off just after the intro. Checking iPlayer, this seemed to be the case in some Scottish and English regions, but not on BBC One London (where it went out in full and as planned).
IS
Inspector Sands
Yes, very odd. We saw a few seconds of the bulletin and then it went to what presumably was the next item. Finger trouble maybe

Must have caused much confusion in the regions. Doesn't it come from the studio that BBC London normally use? If so that might explain how come London had it in full
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I think it comes from Studio A, but the London opt is also fine from there.

There is some clever automation going on to send the weather to NC1 to sustain HD while they (and the other regions and nations) do their local bit, all from one Gallery.

When it cut off did it go to the weather or just the next trail etc?
IS
Inspector Sands
Went straight to a trailer.

I don't know who the news presenter was, never seem her before though. Hope it wasn't her debut broadcast they buggered up
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Sounds like finger trouble in pres, but London opt out for the whole sequence. Presumably the opt back from London would have been messy unless pres filled until the scheduled time?
IS
Inspector Sands
It just looked like a normal junction after the 5 second bulletin - 3 or 4 promos then into Holby. I suppose London would have crashed into the end of the end of one of them
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 8 February 2018 9:32am

Newer posts