The Newsroom

BBC Weather changes preview

Website displaying pages with Meteo data on adapted URL (January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Looking forward to the tv forecasts getting a refresh - they haven’t really changed much in a good few years and the surrounding presentation is starting to look a little dated now. If it looks good, and following on from Sport’s really good refresh last year, then it bodes well for News and the tv channels.
JA
james-2001
I don't think they've really changed much since 2005 have they, apart from the day/time bar changing with the move to NBH.
:-(
A former member
You’re right, and I think a lot of the BBC pres is still stuck in the early to mid 2000s whereas other broadcasters have moved with the times.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Contrasts .....

Tomorrow here the Met Office are forecasting on the BBC Site winds maxing briefly at 20mph NW, in comparison Meteogroup have a full on gale blowing at times in excess of 40mph for nine hours. Will let you know what the outcome is.

Verdict .... The gale occurred, but nowhere near as long at for nine hours, Meteogroup win but by no means conclusively.
MO
Moz
So are Meteogroup taking over TV forecasts on Tuesday?
MA
Markymark
Moz posted:

Cooo !

Hasn’t everyone!? 😳

When Jeremy Vine says it's too expensive, then it's maybe just a bit overpriced.

LOL ! The only person I know with one, can just about cope with sending SMSes on it, and that's about it as far as advanced use goes. Goodness knows why she upgraded from a 4 ! The power of phone shop sales staff presumably .

Anyway, Mrs Markymark has just received a prompt on her 5SE to upgrade, but nothing yet on my 6s.
Can't say I'm impressed with an hourly summary 10 days in advance, that's just plain silly (with current weather modelling techniques Cool )
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Are we getting new green maps, graphics, Meteogroup forecasts etc - on Tuesday 1pm news??? Will there be a BBC report on the news about the change?? It'll be interesting to hear what regional presenters think about the change - I remember Shefali Oza in the Midlands moaning about the new graphics saying they were wrong and to ignore them - when they last changed!!
MW
Mike W
I think Shefali was on about the specific maps from the day, and a lot of the issues boiled down to the lack of staff training before the rollout.
DE
DE88
Tuesday at 1:30pm seems an odd time to launch a new look for the weather... Embarassed

Why not Monday on Breakfast? That was certainly the case with the current look.
TV
TVViewer256
DE88 posted:
Tuesday at 1:30pm seems an odd time to launch a new look for the weather... Embarassed

Why not Monday on Breakfast? That was certainly the case with the current look.

They handed over from TVC to NBH at the news at one, so I would'nt be surprised
IS
Inspector Sands
roo posted:
Well that problem's been solved in a fairly blunt way.

They've made the rest of the country too small too!

The UK isn't a country that fits well onto a 16:9 TV image unfortunately
RU
russty_russ
I remember the initial complaints with the current look with people saying Scotland was too small and Southern England was massive due to the way the map was initially tilted when the entire UK was shown.

Newer posts