TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

March 2017 onwards - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (March 2017)

:-(
A former member
Does this mean TVC3 will be free to record stuff from 3pm onwards and at weekends?
CI
cityprod West Country (West) Spotlight
Does this mean TVC3 will be free to record stuff from 3pm onwards and at weekends?

I imagine they'll be standing sets, so unless GMB & This Morning take up the whole studio space, which is possible, then there would be space and time to record stuff, but in a relatively small space.
AA
AllAboutTV Granada North West Today
I wonder if the current GMB set will be stored away until their return back to ITV studios?
UB
UBox Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Why would they bother doing that? They'll have had a different set for about 4 years.
JA
jason2016 Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
RDJ posted:
They’ve already downsized the desk once before. The current desk is fit for purpose and the right size for 3 presenters

Id totally forgotten there was a 4th presenter! Does anyone know the current GMBemployment status of Sean?
DW
DavidWhitfield Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
RDJ posted:
They’ve already downsized the desk once before. The current desk is fit for purpose and the right size for 3 presenters

Id totally forgotten there was a 4th presenter! Does anyone know the current GMBemployment status of Sean?

He doesn't present the sports news at ~6:35am any more - instead, whoever is reading the 'normal news' simply reads out a sports-related story or two at the end of the bulletin before going back to the main presenters. For the past few months, all I have seen of him is a very occasional stand-in newsreader. You're lucky if you see him a couple of times in a month now.
Guess who's big in the back time!
AA
Same happened with Dan Lobb they brought him in as sports editor at GMTV then he slowly disappeared and became a stand in presenter for both GMTV & Daybreak. Sports editor for ITV Breakfast has always been a wasted salary
JO
Jonwo
Obviously we don't know how they are going to divide TVC3 for This Morning and Good Morning Britain, but with the size of studio three being around 8000 sq ft I'd imagine that GMB will have more space to play with (the current studio is 2268 sq ft). I liked the small interview area at launch, maybe they could create a separate area for interviews again with either tall chairs around a high table or chairs around a coffee.

I wonder why they didn't give This Morning TVC2 and not have GMB/Lorraine/Loose Women in TVC3.
AA
Anybody else think GMB should keep Alex Beresford as their main weather presenter? He brings a good energy to the show and he's got great banter especially with Piers. Find Laura a tad dull
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
I find him really annoying on Dancing on Ice. More annoying than Antony Cotton actually, and that's saying something.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
UB
UBox Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Bit of an awkward one really since they legally have to keep Laura's role open to her but I agree he has really become a much better presenter these last few months.
DK
DanielK Central Reporting Scotland
He's a bad presenter...lots ot 'um'-ing and 'erm'-ing in his forecasts. Good team player and grear chemistry, just crap at presenting.

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic