The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WW
WW Update
A camera runs wild at the beginning of SWR's regional news for Baden-Württemberg, 2017:

RAI, Italy, 1970:

GU
guest03
A camera runs wild at the beginning of SWR's regional news for Baden-Württemberg, 2017:

Hazimworks and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
GU
guest03
And here is a tagesschau bulletin from 1997 (reporting about Lady Dianas death)

AL
alexhb01
ADmanamDA, Quatorzine Neko and WW Update gave kudos
AG
AxG
Echo TV (Hungary (11:56)) is a new one on me, looks like a large studio and nice titles. Observator (Romania (13:44)) another new one, nice minimalist approach ruined by the multicoloured lighting strips and could have done with a nice sweeping shot to the presenters. I know Star (Greece (15:09)) rebranded last year, but who the hell came up with that!
BB
BBI45
More problems at Tagesschau:

(Date in video title is incorrect):
Hazimworks and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
AD
ADmanamDA
Here is a compilation of regional news from Spain ( 2017/18 ), including news, sports, and weather.
Quatorzine Neko and WW Update gave kudos
WO
Woodpecker
A full edition of erstwhile Dutch current affairs programme NOVA (opening starts at 0:01), which has what I would say is one of the greatest ending themes ever to a news programme (which you can hear from 21:55 in the video). NOVA was replaced in 2010 by Nieuwsuur, an intro to which I posted a few pages back.

On that note, I found a website recently which I believe will appeal to some here: http://www.nieuwstunes.nl/ contains theme tunes to pretty much every major Dutch news programme that has existed over the years. And from the same people (and almost certainly of more appeal) comes http://www.networknewsmusic.com/wp/, which hosts theme tunes to all the American network news programmes. Certainly an interesting site for us TV geeks. Very Happy
Last edited by Woodpecker on 28 January 2018 6:45pm
KM
Kevizz MS
(opening starts at 0:01)

Thanks
WW
WW Update
M1, Hungary; news in English, 2017:

WW
WW Update
An interesting hybrid look from France 3's national news this week; a new set has made its debut, but all other elements are unchanged ahead of next week's premiere of a completely new look:

Anyone know if France 2 is also getting a refresh?
Last edited by WW Update on 30 January 2018 2:33am
sbahnhof 7 and London Lite gave kudos
MI
Mike516
German news channel Welt has encountered technical problems following overnight maintenance, and can't broadcast any news programmes. Various documentaries are being screened, with the ticker confirming the loss of normal programmes.

Newer posts