TV Home Forum

Channel 5 general discussion

(revised repeat) (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MI
Mike516
A press release is a press release, they don't do one for different organisations or individuals. If you want any more copy you need to make it up as in the case of the tabloids.

Even worse is when an organisation sends out a blanket or standard statement and you get stories that say "X exclusively told Y". Had that when I did an item based on an Ofcom statement which had been clearly sent to everyone on the mailing list.
GO
gottago

5Prime's new name has been revealed and will launch on the 13th Feb. The drama slot will be called Select Drama and will have the same line up that was previously announced.
PF
PFML84
They really wanted to use that diagonal yellow graphic, didn't they? I think it would have looked better if it was all normal letters and each was modified slightly like the C and T have been.

Ah well, 5 Select is no better or worse than 5 Prime, it'll still be a channel filled with the rubbish already on the other 5 spin-off channels with no real distinction between them.
MR
mr_vivian
I wound call it Gimme5 xD
:-(
A former member

With ident featuring nobby the sheep
TT
TellyTime
They really wanted to use that diagonal yellow graphic, didn't they? I think it would have looked better if it was all normal letters and each was modified slightly like the C and T have been.

Ah well, 5 Select is no better or worse than 5 Prime, it'll still be a channel filled with the rubbish already on the other 5 spin-off channels with no real distinction between them .

Bit harsh!

There is very clear distinction between 5USA, 5Star and 5Spike. Three channels all with completely different content and target audiences.

5Prime, now 5Select, is another matter.
RO
Rofters

Or this...
MR
mr_vivian

Or this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWwc5ELwos

I'd make the ident as cheesy as possible xD
BR
Brekkie
They really wanted to use that diagonal yellow graphic, didn't they?

I would guess it's a key presentational element that's been carried over from 5Prime - they'll have wanted to amend the presentation with the new name rather than start from scratch.
BE
benjy
They really wanted to use that diagonal yellow graphic, didn't they?

I would guess it's a key presentational element that's been carried over from 5Prime - they'll have wanted to amend the presentation with the new name rather than start from scratch.

Exactly. They most certainly would have developed the whole branding package around the previous logo and wouldn’t have wanted to change that.

Though you would’ve thought they’d have cleared all legal hurdles before getting to that stage!
OR
orange

Or this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWwc5ELwos

That’s on par with the 2011 presentation Laughing
BR
Brekkie
Probably first time in well over a year I'd used Demand 5 - and as others have said still seems to have the old branding, even the old DOG (which I assume is generated by the service then rather than into the programme file).

Anyway, others have mentioned this but just wondering if anyone else has problems with it on Freeview Play. I got as far as the loading screen but then it wouldn't work. Ended up using Now TV (still with old branding too).

Newer posts