« Topics
TIGHazard496 posts since 3 Jan 2014
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
If we get that far, it's probably a good idea to not watch it as regularly during the Stan Appel era, but when Britpop happens it'll be worth watching again.

I think the Beeb would be crazy to not continue after the '91 revamp, no matter how bad it was. 90's nostalgia is in a boom right now, and I think it might get larger in the future - It's a completely different kettle of fish but how popular was Pokemon Go for those two months in 2016?
MrDexB gave kudos
DJGM2,697 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Granada North West Today
Judging by what I'm looking at right this minute right now on BBC Four, it's going to be quite a while before they get passed 1985. They've only gone back to 1981 ... 30th July 1981 to be precise!
"The Not-So-Late-Show with Greg Mitchell" Tuesdays 4-6pm on Roch Valley Radio - rochvalleyradio.org.uk

(Until further notice!)
dvboy9,871 posts since 11 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
Judging by what I'm looking at right this minute right now on BBC Four, it's going to be quite a while before they get passed 1985. They've only gone back to 1981 ... 30th July 1981 to be precise!

The 1985 run is on Thursdays and Friday at 7:30/midnight(ish). Sometimes they throw in older ones randomly elsewhere in the schedule.
Watch it and find out.
JAS844,068 posts since 26 Aug 2010
Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Mike Smith was the presenter, and his episodes are always skipped.

What's the reason the Mike Smith episodes aren't shown?

Supposedly it's because he didn't want them shown, though as far as he's been discussed, we think there's techically no reason for the BBC to get the presenter's permission (or his estate's, in MS's case), and they could just show them anyway.

BBC 4 did show the 1982 Christmas special (co-presented by him) back in 2008 with no problems, so it's a bizarre situation really.

There's been lots of "theories" about why the BBC are doing this even though they don't have to, but I doubt we'll ever know the full reason. The fact they included a clip of him in the Story of 1985 last week has just complicated the issue further.

It's frustrating though- particularly has he was the most prominent presenter in 1985 & 86 (and second most in 1987).