« Topics
JasonB4,772 posts since 20 Sep 2003
London London
More Tea Vicar and a Friday song from the 11th September 1998. The Friday Song, watch Johnny and Denise avoid the last line about Jordan (Katie Price) on the final verse of the song.

"623058 The whole thing has been a dump squirt."
DJGM2,646 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Granada North West Today

More Tea Vicar and a Friday song from the 11th September 1998. The Friday Song, watch Johnny
and Denise avoid the last line about Jordan (Katie Price) on the final verse of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VF14SpVh6o

That really was The Big Breakfast at its best, (since the Chris & Gaby era). Hard to believe that clip was almost twenty years ago!
"The Not-So-Late-Show with Greg Mitchell" Tuesdays 4-6pm on Roch Valley Radio - rochvalleyradio.org.uk

(Until further notice!)
DJGM2,646 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Granada North West Today
I've played the Johnny & Denise version of Especially For You at least once on my weekly broadcast on hospital radio!

(Details of the hospital radio gig in my signature ... the radio station is currently in the process of upgrading the playout system (Myriad v3.6 to v5) so things are not quite right yet! So my next broadcast - later today at 4-6pm - might be a bit unpredictable!)
"The Not-So-Late-Show with Greg Mitchell" Tuesdays 4-6pm on Roch Valley Radio - rochvalleyradio.org.uk

(Until further notice!)
London London
I've played the Johnny & Denise version of Especially For You at least once on my weekly broadcast on hospital radio!

(Details of the hospital radio gig in my signature ... the radio station is currently in the process of upgrading the playout system (Myriad v3.6 to v5) so things are not quite right yet! So my next broadcast - later today at 4-6pm - might be a bit unpredictable!)

Wasn’t there an American station that regularly played the Friday song too or am I imagining reading about that?
London London
More Tea Vicar and a Friday song from the 11th September 1998. The Friday Song, watch Johnny and Denise avoid the last line about Jordan (Katie Price) on the final verse of the song.

I don't think she avoids it for any reason other than she can't fit it into the melody. I can't either!

I notice from these early one's that they're singing off cue cards instead of the clip boards like in later years resulting in some odd camera angles on Johnny and Denise.
Whataday8,866 posts since 13 Sep 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today

I don't think she avoids it for any reason other than she can't fit it into the melody. I can't either!

I notice from these early one's that they're singing off cue cards instead of the clip boards like in later years resulting in some odd camera angles on Johnny and Denise.

I don't know if that's a Friday Song thing specifically because in the video of the earlier part of that show they're using cue cards for the opening link too.

Perhaps something they tried out for a bit?