TV Home Forum

Community Channel rebranding as ‘Together’

...and returning to Freeview (January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ZE
zeebre12
It actually shows very little community based programming anyway, mainly just repeats of old BBC/C4/International lifestyle series. With the name change will there be a new focus?
RE
Rex
Didn't Sky put quite a bit of money into it a couple of years ago?

For what it is it's content isn't too bad during the day at least - at night they have been known to go down the adult programming route to I guess try and grab a bit of attention. I've always felt it should be the sustaining feed for local channels - it's content would fit there much better than films from Talking Pictures or simulcasts of Tru TV. Might be better for them than constantly begging and losing mux space too to have a window on the local channels, but realistically not sure it would generate much revenue for either the local channels or "Together".

I suspect the most funding they've got over the last couple of years was from A&E networks by letting them buy the channel in order to take their Freeview EPG slot (as they weren't just allowed to sell the slot) - this is probably the final stage of that process allowing them back on the EPG, 30 places lower than they were - though I do think being positioned in the 90s just before the HD channels is a far better place than in the 60s or 70s.

Yes. £150,000 to be exact, when the channel's crowdfunding deadline was nearing closely in June 2016.

With regards to Together TV, I'm not so sure. The schedule is largely the same as the outgoing Community Channel, though I hold some optimism about their efforts to court original programming.

And at the very least, they should hold on to their slot on Freeview (!)
:-(
A former member
There is a lot of faults with the pres on this channel, with missing text all over the place Rolling Eyes
A former member
Very helpful..

DB
dbl
Yikes.
RE
Rex
The functional aspects of the pres look alright, but the fact that it's been allowed to air without any reference of the schedule in the ECPs....

Sounds like something out of a Steam Early Access game.
BR
Brekkie
Well people do say there is nothing on TV.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I take it Together on Freeview is 544x576 SD?
RE
Rex
Pixel counts at Digital Bitrate confirm it - 544x576 as with a large majority of Freeview channels.
ED
edmund
Full coverage of the rebrand has been added to Presentation Archive and is available here .

The package consists of two idents, a sting and breakflash. Recordings also include menus and ECPs that fail to load text or even graphics. A 30 second rebrand channel trailer in the same style as the idents has also appeared, it could possibly become a future ident.

A former member
That channel trailer was used as an ident for most of last night.
A former member
Just spotted a second Break bumper.

Newer posts