The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
I am still confused by the Sky Creative post about a "new look skynews" when nothing except the logo changes.

and the studios
CA
cat
JK08 posted:

I leave the moderation to the moderators and don't go around attacking other members.

Attack the post not the poster I thought the rule is?

Okay, all of your posts are really sucking the life out of what might otherwise be an interesting thread and are making reading about the new look (if you can go that far) quite draining. It would be nice if your posts would rein it in a bit.

It would really be nice if we could discuss the topic rather than telling each other what we think the other person should post - I've never told anyone their views are tedious even if I think there are - because I respect this is a forum and everyone has a right to have a say.

You should leave the moderation to the moderators and just discuss the topic at hand - talking about what people should and shouldn't post is disrupting this thread far more than anything else since it's taking it off-topic.

Hush, please...
EE
EastEngland
I am still confused by the Sky Creative post about a "new look skynews" when nothing except the logo changes.

and the studios

Really though I don't think the graphics needed changing too much - a touch up here and there and a new titlecard is all they needed - pointless to have changes for changes sake - Sky Creative have done a good job so far I feel.
NB
NicB1971
Oh for goodness sake it's just a change of logo fgs. Yes, it probably hasn't come up to certain people's expectations but calm down. Get a life. Have a cup of tea. Watch the testcard. Rolling Eyes
BO
Bob
cat posted:

Hush, please...

Brutal Laughing
SK
skyviewer

and the studios

Really though I don't think the graphics needed changing too much - a touch up here and there and a new titlecard is all they needed - pointless to have changes for changes sake - Sky Creative have done a good job so far I feel.

But it is strange that the post of Sky Creative about the ''new look'' has been removed. Apparently they had planned something bigger which finally didn't come into action.
EE
EastEngland
The new look was in relation to the studio - I don't expect to see anything new from Millbank.

As I said, just needed small tweaks - the changes are (very) minor but what they have done is nice - there's no need to totally toss aside on-screen graphics that work perfectly well - I totally support their minor evolution style rather than something new.
NE
Newsroom24
JK08 posted:
Quote:
You are absolutely unhinged and need to stop, or be blocked from this forum. It is not healthy.

I leave the moderation to the moderators and don't go around attacking other members.

Attack the post not the poster I thought the rule is?

Okay, all of your posts are really sucking the life out of what might otherwise be an interesting thread and are making reading about the new look (if you can go that far) quite draining. It would be nice if your posts would rein it in a bit.

I have to agree, it's become slightly ridiculous at how people are getting 'offended' by quite minor things that other people say. If it was serious or on rare occasions I would understand but it does feel like every other post is about people commenting on other how others are "attacking" posts of theirs.

It makes reading the forum a lot less enjoyable with so much bitching going on - carry on if you want, but I don't think I'm alone in saying that it is a little annoying and that it might be far more enjoyable if everyone kept personal comments about others to themselves and focused on the presentation side.

That said, I'm not saying discussion or heated debate about the presentation side of things is a bad thing!
EE
EastEngland
Personally I think we should draw a line under it here on both sides and go back to discuss presentation.

Maybe leave this thread here and focus on the new one as a new start?

I'll leave my last post in this thread as this
WH
Whitnall
They didn't issue an update for the iPhone app, however if you delete it and download it again you get the new logo.
JA
jay Founding member
They didn't issue an update for the iPhone app, however if you delete it and download it again you get the new logo.

I got mine via an update. Can’t help but think the ‘news’ text on the icon looks slightly too small though.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Android.

Newer posts