The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AJ
AJ
AJ posted:
I get a sense people are looking for differences that simply aren’t there.

The graphics aren’t flatter. The clock isn’t more square.

Even by TVF standards, this is a little ridiculous.

Really, I'm getting sick of people telling others what to post - the back seat modding on here is tedious.

Not once have I told you or anybody what to post.
WO
Worzel
Since there wasn't a proper on air send off, I hope this will please some of the geeks on here. Knocked up in 20 minutes...

NJ
news junkie
Just watched sky news at 7 and seems from the old studio or Is this the other new studio ... does anybody know what the new studio looks like

Sky News Tonight comes from Millbank in Westminster, there's also the glass box which Kay said she will use again and there was an image of the new sky news studio, but there hasn't been any official images yet
IT
Ittr
Just watched sky news at 7 and seems from the old studio or Is this the other new studio ... does anybody know what the new studio looks like

Sky News Tonight comes from Millbank in Westminster, there's also the glass box which Kay said she will use again and there was an image of the new sky news studio, but there hasn't been any official images yet

Basically, the new one is a ripoff of BBC News Studio N6
EE
EastEngland

It's Millbank and it will be until 9pm.

Note that all of the screens in the background still have the old Sky News Logo.

There for sure is difference in alignment on the straps - I've just looked back to last hour and there is more of a border around the black text n the white box - think the font might be slightly different as well.
MA
mapperuo
Instead of opinions, we can just look at facts, Comparison Gif:

Logo is wider, only because Sky Youtube is showing HD logo. Ticker is identical but 3-5 pixels higher up.
AJ
AJ

think the font might be slightly different as well.

At a risk of being accused of shutting you down, as you do appear tetchy, there is no change to the fonts in the lower thirds - Sky Text.
IS
Inspector Sands
AJ posted:
AJ posted:
I get a sense people are looking for differences that simply aren’t there.

The graphics aren’t flatter. The clock isn’t more square.

Even by TVF standards, this is a little ridiculous.

Really, I'm getting sick of people telling others what to post - the back seat modding on here is tedious.

Not once have I told you or anybody what to post.

Sorry, you obviously didn't get the memo... Mr EastEngland is in charge in this thread Rolling Eyes
EE
EastEngland
The text on the white box is slightly different - the font looks slightly different and the text is lower down in the white box as I said - I expect that I won't get an apology for the person who claimed I was imagining it though...
EE
EastEngland
AJ posted:

think the font might be slightly different as well.

At a risk of being accused of shutting you down, as you do appear tetchy, there is no change to the fonts in the lower thirds - Sky Text.

The alignment in the white box is different, it's lower down
Last edited by EastEngland on 16 January 2018 7:40pm
IT
Ittr
Instead of opinions, we can just look at facts, Comparison Gif:

Logo is wider, only because Sky Youtube is showing HD logo. Ticker is identical but 3-5 pixels higher up.

Noticed in the background of that that a screen was showing the OLD logo
ST
Stuart
Here we are for those who couldn't see it . . .

Newer posts