The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IT
Ittr
Confused where is everyone getting this 7pm from? It should be Millbank at 7, glass box at 9 and new studio at midnight?

7pm is when the new logo is launching
EE
EastEngland
10 minutes to go - anyone for predictions

I predict
Changed TOTH (but nothing revolutionary)
More use of lowercase graphics instead of all uppercase
Tweaks to breaking news graphics
Little changes to music
Increased use of red.
SK
skynewsfreak
On the Live steam on the website, the new logo is just peeking out over the top of the old!
ST
Stuart
If you load the Sky News site the new logo appears for a split second before going back to the old one.

So it's not just me then. If you press Ctrl+F5, it reappears again and changes back again. No doubt this will alter after 7pm.
BB
BBI45
The new app logo is in the ticker.
CA
cat
Thought we had established there would be no graphics changes, beyond the logo?
EE
EastEngland
The blank white bar at the bottom is slightly taller now? It looks like everything shifted up a few pixels.
BB
BBI45
On the Live steam on the website, the new logo is just peeking out over the top of the old!

The website address has also moved down, leaving a small part of the clock visible.
EE
EastEngland
BBI45 posted:
[quote="skynewsfreak" pid="1096061" The website address has also moved down, leaving a small part of the clock visible.

I don't think that the website address has moved down, I think the white bar is slightly higher and that's shifted the ticker up a little - note that the website bar is overlaid rather than part of the graphics.

Therefore I'd suggest that they've not changed the website bar but the underlaying graphics have, possibly they are now coming from the new gallery not the old.

Remember that when this set of graphics launched, the opposite problem existed with the website bar being out of alignment the other way.
IT
Ittr
And it's here
EE
EastEngland
As predicted, the TOTH has been updated with the latest headings from the website and the new logo.

No other obvious changes.
ST
Stuart
Oh dear, just the logo change. Same TOTH, same ALL CAPS lower thirds Shocked

Newer posts