« Topics
Brekkie29,572 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
FA Cup 4th round ties announced - this time 4 on BT, including a Saturday night match, and 2 on the BBC (3rd round was 3+1 on the BBC, 3 on BT). No exclusive BBC Wales match yet due to the games already being picked, so will be interesting to see if Swansea get through whether that might get picked up.

Friday 26 January

Yeovil Town v Manchester United (7.55pm)
BBC One

Saturday 27 January

Peterborough United v Fleetwood Town or Leicester City (12.30pm)
BT Sport 2

Newport County v Tottenham Hotspur (5.30pm)
BT Sport 2

Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion (7.45pm)
BT Sport 2

Sunday 28 January

Norwich City or Chelsea v Newcastle United (1.30pm)
BT Sport 2

Cardiff City or Mansfield Town v Manchester City (4pm)
BBC One

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jan/11/emirates-fa-cup-fourth-round-live-tv-ties-bbc-bt-sport-yeovil-manchester-united-110118
Shouldn't that have been posted in the "John Logie Baird has Invented Television" thread?
Brekkie29,572 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Sky Sports have retained The Masters rights - press release worded in such a way that I suspect the status quo will continue with Sky being "the only place" to see all four days suggesting the BBC (or others) will keep live rights to the final couple of days.

http://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/11204988/sky-sports-to-show-the-masters-tournament-in-action-packed-2018
Shouldn't that have been posted in the "John Logie Baird has Invented Television" thread?
Hatton Cross2,890 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
Some pretty awful graphics from Australia for the ODI Cricket featuring Australia v England I’m not sure if it’s another broadcaster that’s producing it but the scoreboard covers up too much of the screen.

Those are Channel Nine's ODI graphics - and are abysmal.
Slightly narked at BT Sport with this coverage.
After giving us exceptional Ashes test coverage, dipping in and out of 9's pictures with there own addition cameras, plus UK aimed graphics and commentary, we've gone back several steps.

Channel 9 pictures of everything (even the beauty camera BTS used during change of overs when they were weren't showing us the same 3 commercials for betting companies, was a pre-recorded loop) Channel 9 comms, and Australia aimed graphics (score displayed as 5/250 instead of 250/5).
The only UK exclusive content was Matt Smith, Grahame Swan and some Aussie on the grey sofas last seen last year, up in the mezzanine presentation point.

Not sure if this is some contractual reason to take everything from 9 from Australia, but the downward step is a little irritating, given some of these are weekend day nighters, so you'd expected a higher UK audience as the match is reaching a conclusion during the mid morning uk time.
My user name might look like Hatton Cross, but it's pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove.
harshy gave kudos
robertclark1251,221 posts since 13 Jan 2009
STV Central Reporting Scotland
Sky Sports will still have the rights, presumably, to the Championship rugby union competition in England next season, after they end their Pro 14 deal. Although the money involved would be small compared to the Aviva Premiership, possibly this is a chance for Sky to approach the Championship, with a view to increasing coverage, or vice versa.

In terms of an increase, I would suggest maybe one live game a week, and a weekly highlights show with extended highlights of the live match and one other game, plus brief action from the other games. It would give Miles Harrison and Mark Robson a chance to still do commentary, and not restrict the former to autumn internationals, and ITV's share of the 6 nations, and the latter more than just soccer qualifying matches.
sbahnhof 7224 posts since 29 Oct 2016
Some pretty awful graphics from Australia for the ODI Cricket featuring Australia v England I’m not sure if it’s another broadcaster that’s producing it but the scoreboard covers up too much of the screen.

Those are Channel Nine's ODI graphics - and are abysmal.

Let's have a look...

Oooh, those are nasty!

Who designed that? "Gillette, The Best a Man Can Get" circa 1988?? Sad was my first thought.

Well, as it turns out...

It's the FIRST GILLETTE ONE-DAY INTERNATIONAL.

So, well done, your evil subliminal brand awareness actually worked.

(Other shavers and worse graphics are available.)
DE88, AxG and thegeek gave kudos
rdd3,062 posts since 21 Jun 2001
Is it after this season the European Cup games go to BT. Still supposed to be a FTA partner involved in that.

Yeah, it’s after this season. There was talk of both a U.K. and Irish free to air partner being announced in November, but no announcement was ever made.

With all respect to Championship Rugby, it’s really a semi-pro league and forever at the danger of having its promotion and relegation with Premiership Rugby getting shut off - only the fact that at any one time up to two Championship clubs are PRL shareholders has saved it from that fate to date.
MY83466 posts since 16 Nov 2016
Given eir and Premier are basically the same thing, this was the most logical conclusion. I'd wager a few games may end up on Freesports mind.