The Newsroom

Jeremy Vine on 5

New brand for The Wright Stuff, beginning 9:15am, 3rd Sept with Jeremy Vine (January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UB
UBox
More behind the scenes

WA
watchingtv
They have tried covering the '5' logo on the floor but with 2 different mats. the logo is still visible behind the desk in the video.
CI
cityprod
Would it matter that much if that was also used as the 5 News set?

I think it would be quite distinctive compared to what we've seen from 5 news previously.
GO
gottago
They’ve got about 55 minutes to strike the set before the lunchtime bulletin at 12:10, I wonder if all those ornaments are glued to the shelves to make it just that little bit quicker to throw that wall out of the room! Looks like they’ve just got collapsible seating for the audience rather than a proper bit of set.
FA
fanoftv
There only looked to be 12 chairs for the audience. I know that princess studios didn't have a massive audience, but surely it was more than 12.

Could the lunchtime 5 news update be a green screen job? We could always dream that a desk could be set up facing into the newsroom for updates too.
LL
London Lite Founding member
There only looked to be 12 chairs for the audience. I know that princess studios didn't have a massive audience, but surely it was more than 12.

Back in the MTV era, you were lucky to squeeze 20+ into the small audience area which had no comfort seating at all compared to those fold up chairs.
GO
gottago

There was only ever 20 at most in the old studio so not too many more.
LL
London Lite Founding member
While TWS now has a fake backdrop instead of real windows, it certainly looks brighter. Straps and viewer contribution graphics are clear and concise.

I was concerned that Storm wasn't going to sit down for the whole two hours, but 20 mins in, a stool appears for her.
UB
UBox
The set and graphics are actually really nice. I think Storm should have a breakfast bar style desk for her to sit behind since she looks a bit stupid just on a stool. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the cg background seen on the title card, it's a bit jarring.
IT
Ittr
Anybody got a video of the opening?
JK
JK08
Anybody got a video of the opening?

ST
Stuart
Judging by the fact you can see the 5 logo on the floor behind the desk in his twitter video, and it's very close to the edge of the TWS set, I wonder whether it's just sat in front of the 5 News standing set.

Newer posts