Requests

Christmas Presents 2017

That old TVF tradition! (December 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ID
Identity

Can’t seem to get them to play... anyone else?
TV
TVFan2017

Can’t seem to get them to play... anyone else?

They seem to work fine for me Identity, have you tried using VLC?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Must be you, they're just standard MP3 files and a WMV file and I can play them. Drag them into VLC, that'll play them.
ID
Identity
Thank you Smile that worked
MU
Multi
Happy New Year.

Mod Edit: Removed link to library music.
:-(
A former member
Multi posted:
Happy New Year.

Very naughty that library musical Called "Buzzed!
MU
Multi
Multi posted:
Happy New Year.

Very naughty that library musical Called "Buzzed!

Apologies - so it is.
ID
Identity
What was it?
MU
Multi
What was it?

LK Today theme and bed
PE
peterrocket Founding member
Can someone actually explain the background over links to library tracks? I think there was a post about it but I can't seem to find it.

Many of the libraries are now on Spotify and pretty much every library have all their tracks open to listening without logging in, so I'm at a loss to see what the big fuss is about. If a library didn't want you hearing, they'd put everything behind a login for professional media users.

Surely posting links to tracks that were never publicly released and/or bespoke commissions for television productions is more an infringement than just providing a weblink to a publicly available website?
BA
Bail Moderator
Can someone actually explain the background over links to library tracks? I think there was a post about it but I can't seem to find it.

Many of the libraries are now on Spotify and pretty much every library have all their tracks open to listening without logging in, so I'm at a loss to see what the big fuss is about. If a library didn't want you hearing, they'd put everything behind a login for professional media users.

Surely posting links to tracks that were never publicly released and/or bespoke commissions for television productions is more an infringement than just providing a weblink to a publicly available website?

See here: https://www.tvforum.co.uk/help/requests
PE
peterrocket Founding member
I get that, but:

Quote:
If library music is exchanged here, on TV Forum, there is a danger that a company without an MCPS licence may attempt to use the file without paying for it's use. The file would then be in the public arena for many others to abuse, and the composer would not get paid for his track being used.

The file is already in the public arena anyway - as pretty much all production music libraries are open to anyone to listen to.

From a professional point of view, and of someone who licenses production and commercial music on a daily basis, I'd be more concerned over non-released material being linked and shared than something which you can listen to on an open site.

Newer posts