The Gallery

BBC News 2008 Ticker Recreation

(July 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CN
ClarkNarvas
Hi.

So I decided to recreate the 2008 BBC News ticker and in my opinion it looks really close to it; Check it out down below.

MW
Mike W
While it is a fairly accurate recreation when viewed as a still, it's not technically challenging or demanding to recreate. There's no originality here at all, and it's not a difficult recreation either. Therefore I voted 2/5 stars.
JB
JasonB
Not sure how you made the ticker, I'm guessing it was made in PowerPoint but you can see the text still scrolling behind the clock.
NE
Newsroom24
It may not be the most challenging to recreate or original but in my view you are looking to 'recreate' a previous ticker, therefore imo it doesn't need to be original.

It is basic and probably didn't take the longest to recreate but I feel that it deserves a 3/5 as you have done exactly what you said you would do well. Prehaps recreate a couple more of the graphics for a higher rating.
Last edited by Newsroom24 on 1 August 2017 1:10pm
CN
ClarkNarvas
Not sure how you made the ticker, I'm guessing it was made in PowerPoint but you can see the text still scrolling behind the clock.

All on HitFilm Express 2017, as for the text scrolling behind the clock thanks for pointing it out; I'll fix it as soon as I can

158 days later

IT
Ittr
Hi.

So I decided to recreate the 2008 BBC News ticker and in my opinion it looks really close to it; Check it out down below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gUwIh-Z4hk

Very accurate indeed. Well done!
1 thing to fix:
- The text is still scrolling behind the ticker
WO
Worzel
You should've added the judder too. Wink
HA
harshy Founding member
I know it’s basic but I wonder what software would the professionals use to create something as basic as this.
MD
mdtauk
VizArtist - VizRT

Newer posts