The Newsroom

Longest serving Regional Presenting Duo

For either ITV or BBC (December 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JT
jolly turnip
Dominic Heale and Anne Davies have presented BBC East Midlands Today for quite some time, since September 2002 I believe? So that's over 15 years now. And weren't they at ITV Central before that?

They were, but not at the same time. Anne was at ITV in the 80's, and Dom was at TSW until 1992, when he moved to Nottingham

Anne Davies not start at Central east? then jumped to GMTV, reading the and doing the newshour etc before leaving in 99?

When she went to GMTV she was presenting Fri-Sun wth Eamonn Holmes.
:-(
A former member

They were, but not at the same time. Anne was at ITV in the 80's, and Dom was at TSW until 1992, when he moved to Nottingham

Anne Davies not start at Central east? then jumped to GMTV, reading the and doing the newshour etc before leaving in 99?

When she went to GMTV she was presenting Fri-Sun wth Eamonn Holmes.

That last all but three months. I think she stayed on sunday until end Of that end, soon afterwards she was reading the news, doing newshour, other odd job including xmas cooking.
RO
rob Founding member
Here's a nomination for the shortest regional news partnership...

Richard and Hatton Cross gave kudos
MS
Mr-Stabby
rob posted:

Certainly the one with the most public breakup for sure.
RI
Richard
rob posted:

Certainly the one with the most public breakup for sure.

This has been covered before, but for anyone who hasn’t read his Times article:

http://freespeechoffshore.nl/stuartsyvretblog/the-quality-of-local-journalism-2/
AN
Andrew Founding member
I remember the clip "Housekeeping money. How do you spend yours?" As the main headline of the relaunch Very Happy
JL
JamesLaverty1925
Dominic Heale and Anne Davies have presented BBC East Midlands Today for quite some time, since September 2002 I believe? So that's over 15 years now. And weren't they at ITV Central before that?

She was, but during the 80's, so would have missed each other at ITV Central, unless they had a brief crossover
RA
radiolistener
Anne Davies was certainly on Central News East in 1992.
AN
Andrew Founding member

I'm not sure that gag at the end was very well judged either, would work better if it was someone who had been exchanging insults/banter for years rather than someone new.
JT
jolly turnip
She was rather wooden from what I have seen on various clips, so maybe she is that fireplace after all.

I liked his style, though more suited to BBC perhaps then. Hence the Radio 4 background I guess.

Always interesting that they took the ITV graphics but kept their own theme tune. Which is one of the best I've heard.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Reminds me a bit of when Phillip Hayton became the main presenter of North West Tonight. I don't think he stuck around long either.
MS
Mr-Stabby
The co-presenter on that Patrick Muirhead clip is actually a politician in the local government here in Jersey nowadays. It's actually a bit of a sore spot with some critics of local media that we actually have at least 4 high ranking politicians in the States of Jersey government that used to be presenters on local TV or radio. Russell Labey of Spotlight fame being one of them. So the relationship between Media and government in the Channel Islands is perhaps a bit too cosy.

Newer posts