« Topics
RDJ2,890 posts since 25 Oct 2003
Central (South) Midlands Today
The Schaf having broken the graphics had just a stuck map to rely on for the forecast just now on BBC One. I think Network curtailed it early as it was very short in the end.
Central News South
January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
watchingtv gave kudos
watchingtv2,334 posts since 6 Mar 2010
Anglia (East) Look East
The Schaf having broken the graphics had just a stuck map to rely on for the forecast just now on BBC One. I think Network curtailed it early as it was very short in the end.

Strange it was even on the first slide. So they knew in advance that there was an issue.
My contribution is small but you are welcome.
Steve in Pudsey10,676 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Given that we know that the weather broadcasters are very capable of doing a "sound only" forecast, I'm surprised that there isn't a feed from the weather studio with a generic background keyed in available to pres to mix axcross to in the event of the graphics failing.
Write that down in your copybook now.
Andrew14,250 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
So he's new to ITV and already thrown in at the deep end having to cover other regions.

He did better than some cover presenters do with lots of maps, some spend lots of time on weather photos and chatter, show general trend UK maps, show just one local map and then the outlook, and talk in the most general terms not mentioning any place names.