(December 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TV Times
Sad news for Gogglebox fans ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42466801
DB
dbl
Really sad news, he was quite a character! He provided some of the funniest reactions.
BR
Brekkie
Was only on a couple of weeks ago with the line "you're never innocent if you're a Tory" in relation to Damien Green's denials at the time. Two weeks later his point was proven.
WL
W1LL
Was only on a couple of weeks ago with the line "you're never innocent if you're a Tory" in relation to Damien Green's denials at the time. Two weeks later his point was proven.

Is this really the time for politics?
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Thanks for posting, I will have to mention this to my mum. He (and June) taught her at secondary school in Liverpool in the late 60s / early 70s.
JO
Jon

The post is relevant is it not? Part of his character was his political views.
WH
Whitnall

It isn't, but the internet is without decorum.
TF
TellyFan
Never been sad about a person than I have than Leon. Channel 4 have scheduled a special Gogglebox Christmas programme ‘Best Of 2017’ hut I think it should be cancelled in tribute to him. Sad

However, that isn’t an easy decision.
JO
Jon
How would cancelling it be a tribute to him? They might prospone or cancel it out of respect to his family and I’d fully expect them to contact his wife make sure it’s OK to air it at this time.
TF
TellyFan
Jon posted:
How would cancelling it be a tribute to him? They might prospone or cancel it out of respect to his family and I’d fully expect them to contact his wife make sure it’s OK to air it at this time.

Sorry, that wasn’t my intention to word my post like so. I meant to put ‘out of respect’.
BR
Brekkie
I suspect it'll be quite the opposite and shown in memory of him. What was essentially a clip show which many fans would probably not have bothered with now is probably essential Christmas Eve viewing.
HC
Hatton Cross
Never been sad about a person than I have than Leon. Channel 4 have scheduled a special Gogglebox Christmas programme ‘Best Of 2017’ hut I think it should be cancelled in tribute to him. Sad

However, that isn’t an easy decision.

And as other have said - it would be an illogical and incorrect decision.

If anything, there's probably an edit suite specially being fired up today, to re-edit the end of year show in include more clips of this contributer.

Newer posts