The Newsroom

NBC News, MSNBC, ABC News and others from across the pond

(May 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PE
peterrocket Founding member
Excuse my ignorance - why do they have the Olympic Rings on screen?

Olympic broadcaster... plus the fact the Winter Olympics are just six weeks away.
RK
Rkolsen

Olympic broadcaster... plus the fact the Winter Olympics are just six weeks away.

Almost every NBCUniversal channel that will be broadcasting the games has their Olympic Rings up. The rings also appear during the CNBC business day. Generally the Olympic Rings for the Winter Olympics appear on screen in proceeding September and in January for the Summer Olympics.

For NBC Sports programming on NBC or NBCSN the Olympic Rings generally appear during events (qualifiers and other championships) that relate to the Olympics regardless of which games are next in line.
NYTV, Mouseboy33 and JosiahStuart gave kudos
MO
Mouseboy33
TEGNA station groups has introduced a new graphic package for all of its stations across the US. Its a flat graphics package that is quite simple in nature. Using local images as part of the package and simple white lines. Apparently many of the stations will retain their logo just reversed out in white in a simple white box against a beauty shot of the local area.
RK
Rkolsen
TEGNA station groups has introduced a new graphic package for all of its stations across the US. Its a flat graphics package that is quite simple in nature. Using local images as part of the package and simple white lines. Apparently many of the stations will retain their logo just reversed out in white in a simple white box against a beauty shot of the local area.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swh4Kciz4J8

The graphics made their national debut. NBC was dipping in and out of KING 5’s coverage today of the deadly Amtrak train derailment that killed six.
CY
cyberdude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swh4Kciz4J8

Really nice. I've always liked that style of graphics.
IS
Inspector Sands
Probably the nicest US news graphics I've seen. Very nice.

There's a bit of London Live in there too I notice
Brekkie and cyberdude gave kudos
EL
elmarko
That's classy as hell
EA
Earlie37
They're looking pretty smart. In a way, they are in some respects an evolution on the lower thirds that King 5 and some of the other stations had previously but going for a complete flat look. The 'coming up' menu listed as a tower on the right seems to be a neater solution to what they had before where the menu was along the bottom, under the caption.

For those curious what they looked like before, an example can be found here...
NY
NYTV

The networks of NBC are carrying the 2018 Winter Olympics and coverage will be airing on CNBC, NBC, NBCSN, USA and their sister channels Telemundo and NBC Universo
MO
Mouseboy33
Here is a reel of how KUSA 9 Denver has used the use TEGNA graphics package. They have a basic cold open.

11 days later

RO
rob Founding member
Hoda Kotb has been named as the new permanent co-host of NBC's Today.

Link
BB
BBI45
Updated Today Open:

Newer posts