TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl
They might not have xmas idents this year they got that new block man thing

Well considering they've added to their Christmas endboards this year, I doubt they're dumped. It's still the same OSP package, just different ident films.
:-(
A former member
The only reason the endbroads have changed is to bring it into line with the "4" now appearing on screen before smashing up Razz A few people haven't clicked on that fact.
MR
mr_vivian
Looks like there's no Christmas Idents for Channel 4 this year. Snowman/Christmas Lights/Snow... I asked them on Twitter earlier... and they just said they already launched new idents...

Unless they listen to me and stick em on xD ... But I doubt it Sad
A former member
Thoses idents are not new. Are the people confused?
MR
mr_vivian
Thoses idents are not new. Are the people confused?

I tried clarifying with them but no reply. It's a shame they don't use them. They still use the snow one for promos at least. Awk Sad
AR
Argybargy
Up until 2015, Channel 4 hadn't done any regular-use Christmas idents at all. Throughout the whole era of the 2004-2015 idents, the only time they came close was the "Snowman and Snowdog" one in 2012 which was used again in 2013- however, I don't really count that one as a "regular" Christmas ident, as it was only used in a few junctions.

The current situation of Christmas endboards but no matching ident is comparable to Channel 5 last year.
KU
Kunst
A real shame, if they do not appear at all

You can't drop such a masterpiece easily and get away with that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhtXzTBbWkA
Last edited by Kunst on 19 December 2017 7:11pm
BR
Brekkie
To be honeat I'd rather they didn't air than them butcher the 4 logo into them.
A former member
There wouldn't really be any need to fudge the 4 into them - after all they're still using the 'clock' and Simpsons idents.

I don't usually like seeing the same idents year on year, but it would be a crying shame not to have that 45 seconds of Christmas lights bliss on screen again.
A former member
Christmas Lights trailer with a colourful Channel 4 logo:

Has that turned up in HD yet for the other promos using it?
MR
mr_vivian
Christmas Lights trailer with a colourful Channel 4 logo:

Has that turned up in HD yet for the other promos using it?

It looks lovely
A former member
What the hell??? xmas break bumper has just been spotted... Maybe there a chance of the idents??

Newer posts