« Topics
mediaman2007450 posts since 22 Sep 2007
I still dont see whats wrong with Elstree or Maidstone?

Try getting there by public transport, or more importantly, getting home from there after an evening recording. Elstree is better set than Maidstone, but both TVC and TLS have decent tube, bus and cab options capable of coping with large volumes of audience.

Big problem TVC now has is that there is no real solution for talent transport. If you need to have a large number of cabs waiting to take talent home - the new Wood Lane set-up is not-great...

Personally I don't see that much of a difference between getting from central London to TVC or Elstree. But I speak as a non Londoner...
ml-official9 posts since 5 Aug 2016
Meridian (South) South Today
Can someone explain to me why the opening titles don't always play in time to the music. I know it's a random question but it's something that I've always wondered.

The first shot of the tower bridge seems to play out longer sometimes with the music starting at random points. When the final shot forms with the logo and the presenter names, the music has already finished by the time the screen fades to the studio.

From what I've gathered, the last note in the music should play when Holly's name appears after the logo, with the music finishing once the screen has faded from the titles to the studio.

It's like someone has to press start on the titles, and then rush to hit start on the music.
Whataday8,495 posts since 13 Sep 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today
Big problem TVC now has is that there is no real solution for talent transport. If you need to have a large number of cabs waiting to take talent home - the new Wood Lane set-up is not-great...

Surely with regards to the ITV Daytime shows, the talent have cars to collect them and drop them off? Not sure how that would be much different than it is at TLS.
fanoftv7,668 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
I'm left wondering again why they didn't film Christmas titles with Eamonn & Ruth. Both couples could have been on the shoot and shots filmed between them. Fair enough if they were only doing friday's but 6 out of the 15 Christmas programmes have been presented by Eamonn & Ruth.
Whataday8,495 posts since 13 Sep 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today
I'm left wondering again why they didn't film Christmas titles with Eamonn & Ruth. Both couples could have been on the shoot and shots filmed between them. Fair enough if they were only doing friday's but 6 out of the 15 Christmas programmes have been presented by Eamonn & Ruth.

Because it's This Morning with Phillip & Holly

THAT'S the brand, that's what gets them brilliant sponsorship deals and that's what pays the bills.

People can keep asking the same question about this time and time again, but the answer will remain the same.
all new Phil gave kudos
DarthSidious
Midlands Today

THAT'S the brand, that's what gets them brilliant sponsorship deals and that's what pays the bills.

People can keep asking the same question about this time and time again, but the answer will remain the same.

Same reason why Lorraine remains Lorraine, because it’s her show whether she’s there or not.
mr_vivian504 posts since 11 Oct 2015
UTV Newsline
I don't get it. The show has been going over 25 years and now they need to add the names of only 2 of the presenters to get a good sponsorship deal?

I get that the Phil and Holly combo has boosted figures but it seems to be a weird old marketing thing for some extra dosh.

Eamonn and Ruth got their names added over the summer at least. I hope when they move buildings they might change it to add Eamonn and Ruth - it just looks stupid when Phil and Holly aren't in that day.
noggin13,412 posts since 26 Jun 2001

I think it's OK to question whether the actual brand (rather than the programme title) is 'This Morning' or 'This Morning with Philip and Holly' though... (A brand isn't a title after all, nor is it a logo). I know a LOT of people who always just call the show 'This Morning' and think of Philip and Holly as being the current presenters of the show, rather than it being 'their' show. Far fewer people call the show 'Philip and Holly' as used to call the original show 'Richard and Judy' in my experience... In fact I've never heard 'Philip and Holly' used in the same way as 'Richard and Judy'.

I think sometimes the relative importance of presentation talent and production talent/format is tilted too much in the talent's direction. 'This Morning' is 'This Morning' whether Philip and Holly are presenting or Ruth or Eamonn, particularly when the consistent on-screen team around them remains the same.

Lorraine is a different kettle of fish, the show is based around her. This Morning is far less based around Philip and Holly...
DE88, bilky asko and London Lite gave kudos
No further posts are being accepted for this topic