The Newsroom

BBC World News | 30th October 2017 Onwards

(October 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IL
i-lied
Has Kasia Maderia presented OS before this week?
RN
Rolling News
Has Kasia Maderia presented OS before this week?

Yes, she's definitely presented it before.
BK
bkman1990
Here is something interesting for you to read.

I saw some BBC World News Graphics in the Warner Brothers movie, Justice League, at my local cinema today in Dublin. I heard a female newsreader's voice reading a story about the Amazonians, which is Wonder Woman's homeplace, being under siege from Steppenwolf & his Parademons. I don't know who the newsreader is reading the story in this particular scene. Gal Gadot, who plays Wonder Woman, was doing the scene of carving out a large sculpture in an art & crafts room. All I could see on the portable TV in this scene was a 2013 blank live rolling news ticker with the BBC World News logo & a live onscreen bug.

I thought it looked very nice on the screen. I just thought that I can share that bit of info for you tonight. Wink
Last edited by bkman1990 on 17 November 2017 11:52pm
JA
JAS84
There are several TV reporters in the film, check here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
IL
i-lied
Are there any guidelines as to what stories mean the London presenter goes first in Newsday over the Singapore presenter? I noticed on Sunday’s edition that London went first then Singapore but last night Singapore went first then London. There doesn’t seem to be any consistency. In one case, I saw Newsday scrapped all together replaced with a BBC News Special from C with Babita Sharma.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
A couple of fascinating videos of BBC World footage (including full news bulletins and other assorted presentation elements) from 1997 and 1999 here:

It's really great to see the flags era again. Watching these videos, it strikes me that BBC World News is a completely different channel in 2017. Whether it's just nostalgia, I don't know, but I really do miss those days on BBC World - a much simpler but altogether more impressive time for news presentation.
DE
deejay
Always liked that particular weather trail. Beautifully made, simple, effective.

10 days later

HA
harshy Founding member
When do BBC World News start shutting down their featured shows like Impact, GMT for the year?
NE
News96
When do BBC World News start shutting down their featured shows like Impact, GMT for the year?

Presumably the 21st/22nd December as that's what the News Channel branded programmes appear to be going off for the year then.
DV
dvboy
22nd December is the last day of Impact and GMT, they return on 2 January.
harshy and London Lite gave kudos

13 days later

GI
ginnyfan
Beyond 100 Days to air on PBS, in the second half hour of the old Charlie Rose slot.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/the-bbcs-nightly-public-affairs-show-will-complete-pbss-11-p-m-hour/352652
RK
Rkolsen
Beyond 100 Days to air on PBS, in the second half hour of the old Charlie Rose slot.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/the-bbcs-nightly-public-affairs-show-will-complete-pbss-11-p-m-hour/352652

A perfect lead in to The Briefing for those on the east coast.

Newer posts