TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2015 with 90s idents

NEW: Dragons Den ident with a nod to the past (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JS
JosiahStuart
VMPhil, I do have to agree with what you said; especially on the part about 'Silk', because its just so mesmerising and beautiful.
SP
Spencer
Do I remember rightly that 2 NI at one point had just a BBC logo - no box, no "TWO".

That was the 2008 refresh on network which lasted all of a couple of hours...

https://tvr.metropol247.co.uk/thetvroom.com/bbc-uk/bbc-2-25-01.html
PF
PFML84
Could you imagine how viewers would react if BBC 1 suddenly used their Rythym & Dance idents mixed in with some Balloon ones and the odd 90's Globe idents? I would dare say there would be queries or complaints, who why is this deemed acceptable for BBC 2?
BE
Bert75
Could you imagine how viewers would react if BBC 1 suddenly used their Rythym & Dance idents mixed in with some Balloon ones and the odd 90's Globe idents? I would dare say there would be queries or complaints, who why is this deemed acceptable for BBC 2?

No chance we got another year of oneness to look forward to not
MR
mr_vivian

No chance we got another year of oneness to look forward to not

Nothing has been confirmed yet either way. In my view, they've done their job and it should be end of story.

I didn't like the dancers but I'd choose them over oneness.
GM
nodnirG kraM
Oh for Deity's sake, people, we get it: you don't like "Oneness" - do we really have to bitch about it on a 1 in 3 post ratio?
DP
D.Page
OMG, look at this overwhelming, oversized text used on NW at 6.14am this morning:

VM
VMPhil
Something that’s bugging me about the new font size on these Christmas endboards is that the BBC Two box now looks out of place, or the text looks like it’s going too far off to the right of the screen.

I know, nobody cares but us, but it just looks wrong to me.
NI
Nicky
OMG, look at this overwhelming, oversized text used on NW at 6.14am this morning

You are aware using "NW" comes across as if you're referring to the North West region rather than "Network"...?
DP
D.Page
Nicky posted:
OMG, look at this overwhelming, oversized text used on NW at 6.14am this morning

You are aware using "NW" comes across as if you're referring to the North West region rather than "Network"...?

Not really. You have worked out I meant Network, so the shorthand seems adequate to me.
DP
D.Page
Something that’s bugging me about the new font size on these Christmas endboards is that the BBC Two box now looks out of place, or the text looks like it’s going too far off to the right of the screen.

I know, nobody cares but us, but it just looks wrong to me.

Basically, it's a complete mess.
JO
Jonny
OMG, look at this overwhelming, oversized text used on NW at 6.14am this morning:

I despair.

Newer posts