(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
Edited.
Last edited by rob on 12 December 2017 8:37pm
DS
DarthSidious
Sunrise will also get the new logo like Ian King Live, and also some background graphics to go on the screens in the new studio

Hope they’re better made than the current bright blue background on Sunrise. Looks like that one was knocked up in half an hour in powerpoint.

Oh trust me, now i understand why they hardly spent anything on the arcs. New graphics are 👍

Great, that is good to hear
cat posted:

This, I guess..

Oh no, not another fake newsroom... Thumbs down
RO
rob Founding member
Oh no, not another fake newsroom... Thumbs down

rob posted:
The new studio has only one component that's green-screen. The rest is a "proper" set.
TV
TVViewer256
That is not the green screen in the new studio
WH
Whitnall
Maybe they are doing an advert.
EE
EastEngland
Just the big screen instead there?

Undecided if black and white studio is better than too much white. Laughing Very Happy
RK
Rkolsen

You can see a treadmill there. So it’s probably going to be one of those walking type adverts throug a town or city.
WO
Worzel

You can see a treadmill there. So it’s probably going to be one of those walking type adverts throug a town or city.

Either that or they're going to re-create Broken News... Laughing

CY
cylon6
When did Sky News move away from that ridiculous coffee bar set? Please say it’s permanent!
GE
thegeek Founding member
i don’t understand so this old studio started in 2005 which replaced the original that started in 1989 what happened to the original 1989 studio? and now we are in the glass box, so I am guessing in the history of Sky News this is the third studio?

I guess I'm becoming a little reminiscent as I get older, but I really liked the last iteration of the first studio (complete with the slightly garish, tabloid graphics that Sky News became quite well known for).

I'm sure it was seen as quite groundbreaking at the time - the use of a newswall (the original one) - and the very effective breaking news transition which would turn the wall red behind the presenters.

Sure it was cosy, but I always felt what followed (and what's about to be disposed of) felt a bit too big, showy and cold.
[snip]
I'd have it on late in the background whilst madly trying to finish uni coursework, with Gordon Radley keeping me company though the night.
I was a few pages behind on this thread - but I'd agree with you. There were a lot of neat little innovations at the time (which occasionally got this forum frothing at the mouth), like occasional use of a polecam, presentation from the newsroom, and frivolous excuses to "roll out the floormap!"

(tvnewsroom)

It was quite pacey too - news would throw to sport who'd throw to weather. That was lost a little in 2005, when it felt like all the budget had gone onto the new studio, so there was less money for newsgathering, and consquently there was a lot more padding between items.
bilky asko, scottishtv and fusionlad gave kudos
EE
EastEngland
I didn't like that era, found it was a little too tacky for me with too many gimmicks and overly flashy graphics.

2010 era was the best for me when Sky News HD launched up until they started to use a lot of white.
MD
mdtauk
Advert or perhaps something related to the Review of the Year shows they do at this time of year.

Newer posts