TV Home Forum

BBC1 Christmas 2017 Idents

Please - Don't (one)mess up the Christmas idents this year (November 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MR
mr_vivian
I also want to know will Pocahontas and her Dad ever get those fairy lights working and on the tree in time for Christmas Day, these idents will be a bit odd come the 27th December, The News ident is the best of the lot, all it needs is Santa flying through the sky on his sleigh, and up to New Years Day different combinations of colourful fire works going off in the sky! Simple but easy.

They shouldn't have bought those lights from poundland and they wouldn;t have to keep fixing them xD
CH
Cheeky71
I also want to know will Pocahontas and her Dad ever get those fairy lights working and on the tree in time for Christmas Day, these idents will be a bit odd come the 27th December, The News ident is the best of the lot, all it needs is Santa flying through the sky on his sleigh, and up to New Years Day different combinations of colourful fire works going off in the sky! Simple but easy.

They shouldn't have bought those lights from poundland and they wouldn;t have to keep fixing them xD
Laughing
CH
Cheeky71
I guess you've not really looked at the ident following your first question? Wink

I have seen the ident! A bit tiresome and boring after awhile! They need to get a new set of fairy lights they keep breaking!
TF
TellyFan
Can I get a copy of the song ‘Symphony’ by Clean Bandit anywhere that’s in the idents?
CH
Cheeky71
Can I get a copy of the song ‘Symphony’ by Clean Bandit anywhere that’s in the idents?

You should still be able to download it!
TF
TellyFan

Ah, so the song in the advert is the normal version and not remixed at all?
MR
mr_vivian

It's just an instrumental of the original song - this is the closest thing I can find to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nIM8rqXdE
TC
TCOTV
I like the ad, it's harmless. Two points I make;

1) The trailer should have been for the BBC as a whole not just BBC1. I still to this day don't know why the budget for original programming on iplayer was scraped considering iplayer is the future. Just another Charlotte Moore decision I don't agree with.

2) the oneness branding pretty much sums up Charlotte time as boss in my opinion so it's perfect.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe

The original version is used, however there are some extra additional pieces added to it, in particular towards the end (from when the music starts in the talent show).
MR
mr_vivian

The original version is used, however there are some extra additional pieces added to it, in particular towards the end (from when the music starts in the talent show).

It's been remixed on the stings for definite.

"The soundtrack for the campaign has been provided by Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson with Symphony, and it was specially re-arranged by the award-winning producer Steve Mac"

Maybe try to get in touch with Award Winning Steve Mac? Smile
DP
D.Page
Kitchen Dancing ident with intro (Mock):

FA
fanoftv
That works very well. A brilliant use of the clips from the film.
ToasterMan, Stuart and D.Page gave kudos

Newer posts