TV Home Forum

BBC1 Christmas 2017 Idents

Please - Don't (one)mess up the Christmas idents this year (November 2017)

BE
Bert75
Read about bbc1 oneness idents that they were going to make 24 in the frist year I think that gave me my answer there coming back for second sorry if someone Already mentioned this
:-(
A former member
Read about bbc1 oneness idents that they were going to make 24 in the frist year I think that gave me my answer there coming back for second sorry if someone Already mentioned this

How about there never reached 24?
BE
Bert75
Well I hope it is the end of it
SC
scottishtv Founding member STV Central Reporting Scotland
Chris Stark went behind the scenes:

EDIT: Twitter link replaced with higher quality YouTube link.
Last edited by scottishtv on 11 December 2017 8:14pm
TO
tomo359 Border (England)
Was just going to post the above myself.
Its great to see a little about how its done, would have been nice to see a bit more of the actual production though rather than the idiot presenting the feature, maybe more about how stop motion is done, how they added the CGI faces etc
LO
lobster Anglia (East) Look East
that's amazing, I thought it was cgi!
File upload service: http://www.metropol247.co.uk/uploadservice
WI
Wicko Meridian (South) South Today
Chris Stark went behind the scenes:

Thanks ever so much for sharing that video. It really is a skilled art form that is incomprehensible to plebs like myself. The presenter was annoying but the videoclip fascinating. It seems the BBC spend quite a bit of money - and effort - on their Christmas promos, it;s just a shame the schedulers come along and ruin it all!
If we only get one life, why does it take several attempts to get it right?
IS
Inspector Sands

The original launch blurb says they're a mixture. Stop frame bodies, computer generated faces
MR
mr_vivian UTV Newsline

The original launch blurb says they're a mixture. Stop frame bodies, computer generated faces

Yup - because if you don't CGI their face is in a permanent state of surprise O_O .....and it would scare everyone xD
Last edited by mr_vivian on 9 December 2017 12:33pm
CH
Cheeky71 Central (West) Midlands Today
New here, I have been a fan of TV pres since the mid 70's and just wanted to comment on the BBC Oneness Christmas Ident and Promo for 2017, I agree with many people on the Oneness issue, it's just dire and the worst idents BBC One has ever had, there are a lot of valid opinions on here about the Christmas idents, to me it says nothing about BBC One as a main UK TV channel at Christmas and programmes it will be showing over the festive season, or Christmas itself, also i dislike Christmas trails and linked idents using people (including animated) if the trails had animated Christmas symbols using the BBC One logo i feel this would be more appropriate for the season, I do admire the workmanship that has gone into the trail but i don't feel it's not festive at all or says BBC One at Christmas, when i first saw the teaser trail i thought it was Disney's Pocahontas pearing through the curtains!
CH
Cheeky71 Central (West) Midlands Today
I also want to know will Pocahontas and her Dad ever get those fairy lights working and on the tree in time for Christmas Day, these idents will be a bit odd come the 27th December, The News ident is the best of the lot, all it needs is Santa flying through the sky on his sleigh, and up to New Years Day different combinations of colourful fire works going off in the sky! Simple but easy.
AW
Andrew Wood Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
I guess you've not really looked at the ident following your first question? Wink

Newer posts