Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
A pure master piece.
JacobSutton and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
LL
Larry the Loafer
As much as I love Bob's standup anyway, its his stories about other comedians and his interview with Mike Yarwood that make this programme special.
IT
IndigoTucker
Haha the Points of View is voiced by continuity announcers. Trish Bertram definitely and Maggie Mash? and a Thames voice - Bruce Hamall?
VM
VMPhil
Here's something I found on Vimeo whilst watching the 1997 Perfect Day video. A behind the scenes of the attempt in 2000 to record the song live with musicians around the country, as part of the BBC's Music Live festival. It has burned in English subtitles, so may have been produced for international broadcast?

Warning: contains Rolf Harris.

FO
FanOfTV99
Here's something I found on Vimeo whilst watching the 1997 Perfect Day video. A behind the scenes of the attempt in 2000 to record the song live with musicians around the country, as part of the BBC's Music Live festival. It has burned in English subtitles, so may have been produced for international broadcast?

Warning: contains Rolf Harris.

https://vimeo.com/121355369

I Wonder if anyone (Other than JB1601) has captured anything from BBC Music Live.
VM
VMPhil
Harry Enfield's Brand Spanking New Show, the programme he made in 2000 for Sky One.

Steve Williams has posted previously that this was intended for Sky Premier which was initially supposed to be a 'British HBO' but the plan was scrapped, so shows like this went out on Sky One instead.

Harry Enfield in 2010 posted:
"I didn't think anybody would see it because it was on Sky. I've seen a bit of it recently, and it's got some really good characters in it, but they're all over the top, because I didn't have time to learn it. So I'm panicking trying to learn the words. I'm loud and shouty, and it's just painful."

Did he allow it to go out like that because it was for Sky? "Yeah. Yeah, definitely." And if it had been for the BBC? "I wouldn't have accepted the series. At the time I was just interested in editing Kevin and Perry, so I was not there in my head."

https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2010/sep/25/harry-enfield-interview
paul_hadley and rdobbie gave kudos
JA
james-2001
One thing I remember when I flew to Spain in 2001, one of the things they showed on the plane was a compilation of sketches from that show. Though funnily enough with no laugh track.
SC
Si-Co
Philip Schofield shows viewers around the presentation area in 1985.

Was CBBC always presented from the BBC1 continuity booth in that era? I’m sure I remember Philip once saying something like “BBC1 is over there, BBC2 is over there, and we are in a sort of broom cupboard in between them” (a name which I assume stuck). Was this just “dramatic licence”?

JA
JAS84
Wasn't there an incident where someone pressed the wrong button and the COW popped up during the CBBC slot?
LL
Larry the Loafer
JAS84 posted:
Wasn't there an incident where someone pressed the wrong button and the COW popped up during the CBBC slot?

MM
MMcG198
Si-Co posted:
Was CBBC always presented from the BBC1 continuity booth in that era? I’m sure I remember Philip once saying something like “BBC1 is over there, BBC2 is over there, and we are in a sort of broom cupboard in between them” (a name which I assume stuck). Was this just “dramatic licence”?

There was a spare network control area called NC3. This was used when maintenance work was in progress in either NC1 or NC2. CBBC came from NC1 the majority of the time.

Here's some behind-the-scenes footage of NC3, from 1989:

:-(
A former member
When he got frog matched into the big wig office, he believe he was going to be sacked, turns out the guy behind the chair, said it was the funniest thing he had ever seen, and he was let off the hook.

quote="Larry the Loafer" pid="1090388"]
JAS84 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcgqxShj1MQ[/quote]

Newer posts