TV Home Forum

Sounds Like Friday Night

New 'Top of the Pops'-style BBC music show (July 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DE
DE88

So, just like that, the hosting line-up *will* change for the first time in over a decade...

Will they bring in another male co-host - or will Fearne be left on her own? Unless I'm mistaken, only once since 1978 has the Christmas Pops been hosted solo - and that, of course, was in 2003 with Tim Kash.
HC
Hatton Cross
Am I the only to think we'll see a Greg James sized parachute here..?
AN
Andrew Founding member
That may blur the lines between TOTP and SLFN though, and then there would be questions over why Dotty has been 'axed'
VM
VMPhil
Is Tim Kash free?
DE88 and paul_hadley gave kudos
AN
Andrew Founding member
Clara Amfo is to replace Reggie, co presenting with Fearne.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Watching last night it was interesting to see how it had changed from the first couple episodes, presumably responding to audience feedback. There were a lot more performances, often with minimal (filler) chat between the performances. Judging on this week and the first half of last week's show (missed the 2nd half) the only feature now between performances involves that week's guest host. It looks like it's been recommissioned, as they said they'd be back in the spring.
DE
DE88
Clara Amfo is to replace Reggie, co presenting with Fearne.

So this year's Christmas Pops will be the first with an all-female hosting line-up since 1997. Zoe Ball, Jo Whiley and Jayne Middlemiss were the hosts that year, for the record. Wink

Clara is apparently "the first new presenter in well over a decade". The guest hosts during the regular show's dying days on BBC2 obviously don't count. Wink
BH
BillyH Founding member
2006 was over a decade ago though :p
DE
DE88

Well, yes. Wink

But there was also Comic Relief does TOTP in 2009 - in which Noel Fielding joined Fearne and Reggie... Wink

DB
dbl

I need a walking stick - pronto!

Newer posts