« Topics
Wicko1,492 posts since 3 Dec 2003
Meridian (South) South Today
I have one thing to say about this presentation. Stop trying to be diverse BBC, you make tons of people angry at how bad your attempts are.

I can honestly say, in all truthfulness, that I'm not angry! It doesn't bother me, nor should it bother you. Sometimes it annoys me when organisations, not just the BBC, force diversity upon us to be seen as cool and wivvit, but on this occasion, it really isn't something that concerns me. Not every family in this country consists of white people!
Last edited by Wicko on 5 December 2017 8:32am
If we only get one life, why does it take several attempts to get it right?
Jon6,937 posts since 11 Apr 2005
Central (West) Midlands Today
I have one thing to say about this presentation. Stop trying to be diverse BBC, you make tons of people angry at how bad your attempts are.

It’s the national broadcaster and the nation is diverse so the BBC should be ambracing it. Also non-white people can celebrate Christmas you know. Even the dude the festival is based on wasn’t white. If anyone’s getting ‘angry’ about this issue they must have a look at their priorities.
Spencer For Hire5,301 posts since 13 Jan 2003
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

People who get angry at diversity are called racists.
Robust amateurism
Mike W4,690 posts since 30 Apr 2006

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era...
dbl gave kudos
MetalGearRex1,292 posts since 11 May 2016
London London

Does it matter? No. In fact, it's great that the BBC are embracing the diverse population of the UK.

Questionably bad logic however you want to spin it.
Last edited by MetalGearRex on 4 December 2017 7:07pm
"The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes" - EA, defending BF2 lootboxes
DE88 gave kudos
Kunst239 posts since 29 Jun 2016
BBC World

Yeah you're right, a huge SHAME.. SHAME on you BBC

Now go back in the Channel 5 thread and go record Channel 5 replaced by Babestation
PFMC841,029 posts since 28 Feb 2013
UTV Newsline

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era...

I thought they were a dance group? I can't keep up with the modern world. Gah!
DE88 gave kudos
Blake Connolly1,570 posts since 21 Apr 2001
London London
Does anybody know how the promo was actually made? I know there's a relatively modern trend of using CGI to create a stop motion effect, but I've read some claims it's genuine stop motion combined with CGI faces. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.

It is indeed stop motion with CGI used on the faces. Works really well.
BeanosOnToast, bilky asko and 4 others
  • DE88
  • Jonny
  • Larry the Loafer
  • Argybargy
gave kudos