TV Home Forum

BBC1 Christmas 2017 Idents

Please - Don't (one)mess up the Christmas idents this year (November 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FO
FanOfTV99
_Tom_ posted:
And that concludes this weeks episode of ‘Things I Could’ve Easily Googled’.

That sounds more like an ITV 2 show. Wink

I can Picture it now

From the makers of "Thing i looked up on Youtube" and "Which TV Fourm member is that" is a new pointless gameshow hosted by a reality show contestant who no one liked in the first place. Thing I Could've Easily Googled - Friday 10pm on ITV2
JO
Jon
_Tom_ posted:
And that concludes this weeks episode of ‘Things I Could’ve Easily Googled’.

That sounds more like an ITV 2 show. Wink

I can Picture it now

From the makers of "Thing i looked up on Youtube" and "Which TV Fourm member is that" is a new pointless gameshow hosted by a reality show contestant who no one liked in the first place. Thing I Could've Easily Googled - Friday 10pm on ITV2

It should probably have the companion show ‘I’m Not Funny Get Me Off TV Forum Now!’
JO
Josh
JoshX posted:
I just found the raw footage for the Supermarket ident Wink :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsth56dnRRg

I mocked the Supermarket ident, if anybody is interested.
WI
Wicko
dbl posted:
You'd have to be an incredibly sad person to only judge it by the colour of the character's skin than the actual concept.

The only time I even thought about the skin colour of the man and girl was when I saw it brought up on the internet! I think that says more about attitudes of the general public than the BBC thrusting false diversity messages down our throats. Sometimes when the BBC tries too hard to be diverse to tick boxes, it backfires on them, but in this instance, I don't think it's overly obvious and as such I have no problems with any of the idents, or the characters within them.
Last edited by Wicko on 4 December 2017 8:37am
TI
TIGHazard
Wicko posted:
dbl posted:
You'd have to be an incredibly sad person to only judge it by the colour of the character's skin than the actual concept.

The only time I even thought about the skin colour of the man and girl was when I saw it brought up on the internet! I think that says more about attitudes of the general public than the BBC thrusting false diversity messages down our throats. Sometimes when the BBC tries too hard to be diverse to tick boxes, it backfires on them, but in this instance, I don't think it's overly obvious and as such I have no problems with any of the idents, or the characters within them.

A complaint about that (why aren't they white?) was the first comment posted on the YouTube clip which was released before it aired on TV.
WI
Wicko
Wicko posted:
dbl posted:

A complaint about that (why aren't they white?) was the first comment posted on the YouTube clip which was released before it aired on TV.

Sadly, there will always be idiots in control of keyboards!
RE
Rex
If anyone has been unable to view the idents posted on YT over the last few pages (they were taken down by the BBC and in turn, copyright strike), here is a compilation of all five Christmas idents, as a substitute for the pulled videos.

Last edited by Rex on 4 December 2017 5:53pm
CA
Caly123
If anyone has been unable to view the idents posted on YT over the last few pages (they were taken down by the BBC), here is a compilation of all five Christmas idents, as a substitute for the pulled videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw0i279pu4w

I’m surprised the BBC take down idents!
IT
Ittr
I have one thing to say about this presentation. Stop trying to be diverse BBC, you make tons of people angry at how bad your attempts are.
JO
Jonny
I have one thing to say about this presentation. Stop trying to be diverse BBC, you make tons of people angry at how bad your attempts are.

Citation needed.
JO
Joe

Metric or imperial?
JA
Jake
Joe posted:

Metric or imperial?

It's a typo, should say 'tens'.

Newer posts